advertisement

Dealers that go the extra mile...

Audio affair deserve a mention... Just reterminated some speaker cables with great service for less than a tank of petrol!!

A few years ago when I bought a Unitiqute from them, a member of staff brought it to my door personally the same day. Which was nice.

Shout out to Kevin at Hifi Trading Station - not your traditional hifi dealer by any stretch, but has some great second hand kit, lovely demo room, and no sales pressure.

I'd also mention Greg at G-Point - more of an importer than dealer, but has a really interesting portfolio of names, which offer an alternative to the mainstream.

Robert Ritchie in Montrose are fantastic - I live about an hour away and Robbie brought a succession of Spendor speakers to audition - which I ended up not buying followed by a brand new Naim NAP 300 which he left with me for a month - and which did not go back. Fantastic trade in deal for my 250 DR.

Robert Ritchie in Montrose are fantastic - I live about an hour away and Robbie brought a succession of Spendor speakers to audition - which I ended up not buying followed by a brand new Naim NAP 300 which he left with me for a month - and which did not go back. Fantastic trade in deal for my 250 DR.
Bob Ritchie is a gentleman retailer and a Linn turntable expert of considerable renown.

Just wanted to give a firm recommendation for the staff at Audio Emotion. Gary gave me an extremely generous part exchange on my Sony CDP-X3000ES for a Quad Artera Play+ CD/Dac/Pre (which I’m absolutely delighted with). Ordered me in a unit direct from Quad as they didn’t have the silver in stock, and received it within a week. Very easy to do business with and no hard-sale tactics at all. Needless to say I’ll be sticking with them for any future upgrades.

Another thanks for excellent service to Martin at Audiostore.
A power cut took out the SSD in my Vortexbox earlier in the week. I sent him a message late on Tuesday, and had a response back when I logged in the following morning, with an offer of a phone chat to see if it was sortable without the server having to be sent back. He spent over an hour trying to sort it out over the phone, which is when we came to the conclusion that either the software had got corrupted, or the SSD was dead.
He very kindly offered to fix it the next day if I could drop it down to him, which I did.
I'm now copying the music back over to my now fully working server.

Mark at Harrow Audio has been amazing. Home demos, no problem collecting items. It has been a revelation and such a pleasure. No pressure sell just good advice and service.

As per thread title.

I got some Magneplaner speakers from The Hi Fi Lounge in Biggleswade and rather than courier them down to Brighton.
And risk any damage in transit Paul their owner drove down to personally deliver them to me which I thought was superb service
So he did a 200 mile round trip ...literally driving the extra mile.

A superb dealership and a great guy to deal with and a great product range from Rega to Absolute Sounds gear set in an isolated farm environment with lots of dem rooms

The guys at Audio-T in Brighton have always been really welcoming and friendly. They always seem happy to set up gear for me to listen to and never rush you. In fact, last time I was in there they were encouraging me to listen to more music and hang about longer, despite having other customers and things to do. I got a home demo on an NDX2 from them and they were very relaxed about the whole thing, even asked me if I'd like to keep it for longer than the usual 3 days/long weekend they normally do and then I never felt they were pushy or being too sales-y. The staff all just seem like nice, down to earth guys.

Martin at Analogue Seduction near Peterborough, has been very good to me, especially since my mobility problems prevented me from setting up heavy items. I have just bought some new speakers, and he delivered them and installed them, as he did with the 2 Rel subs (a few months apart)

Over the past few years, I’ve had positive experiences with Paul @ HiFi Lounge, Carlo at Audiophilia, Gary at Audio Emotion, and Stephen at HiFi Sound.

People buy from people, my regular dealer is great, known him for nearly 30 years. I’ve dealt with other highly rated businesses who I didn’t gel with, no fault on their part just how things are.

advertisement

Back