advertisement

Dave Laine of Flashback Sales has died

A small contribution made.

Dave pulled the stops out making a custom Y lead that got me out of a pickle for Kegworth show.
No bull, just well made gear, RIP.

Flowers ordered for Dave's mother...£71.

The inscription:

Sue,
These flowers are a token of the love and affection that we in the HiFi community have for Dave. He was a good man and will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him.

So with our deepest sympathy.

Nye and the HiFi community.

Hope that is ok...Lyn asked for me to say HiFi community as Dave's mother would not have a clue what the pfm is.

Very sad news I have several of his cables most recently a special set of cables for my NAP135s, thoughts are with his Wife Lyn, friends and family

Nye
You have my thanks and admiration for doing this for Lyn
ATB
Gus

Thank you for the kind words.

£1215 it will be a bit higher...I bought a Flashback cable and the seller has asked me to contribute towards the fund rather than take payment and if my FB cable and mini headphone amp is sold then another £50 will be added to the total.

Lyn has asked me for your (pfm) opinion on something she wants to do with a bit of the money (around £30)... Something that Dave and Lyn supported for many years: the RNLI.

https://rnli.org/support-us/give-money/donate-in-memory/launch-a-memory

I have no objection but I cannot speak for everyone. So if you are ok with Lyn's idea place a 'like' against this message...iif you have donated and are not happy...please send me a PM rather than leave a message on this thread...and then I will pass the results of this 'straw poll' back to Lyn as whether to proceed with the donation to the RNLI or not...over to you pfm members...What is your opinion? Vote now.

Lyn has asked me for your (pfm) opinion on something she wants to do with a bit of the money (around £30)... Something that Dave and Lyn supported for many years: the RNLI.

https://rnli.org/support-us/give-money/donate-in-memory/launch-a-memory

I have no objection but I cannot speak for everyone. So if you are ok with Lyn's idea place a 'like' against this message...iif you have donated and are not happy...please send me a PM rather than leave a message on this thread...and then I will pass the results of this 'straw poll' back to Lyn as whether to proceed with the donation to the RNLI or not...over to you pfm members...What is your opinion? Vote now.

Nye, for me it's a brilliant idea.

Very sad news. Great guy to deal with over the years of too many Naim cables.
Condolences to his family and friends, and well done Nye on the collection.

Now £1265 and more to come.

Dave's says thank you for the card.

This is from Lyn..'Sue (Dave's mother) rang me - the flowers arrived at 11 o'clock. She said they were
really beautiful and that the attached message was really lovely and
made her feel very proud of Dave.'

Lyn also thanks you for supporting her RNLI memorial idea for Dave.

Plus the cats are back!

https://www.flashbacksales.co.uk/acatalog/our-feline-family.html

advertisement

Back