advertisement

Dave Laine of Flashback Sales has died

Nye Samuel

Herr Katze
Very sad news...Dave has died of cancer and Flashback Sales has ceased trading...Dave leaves a widow, Lyn and 13 cats....Many of us has benefited from Dave's wonderful cables...it would be a lovely gesture to arrange a collection for Lyn and the cats...Any thoughts on this?

Oh what a shame, such a great company to deal with, I have quite a few of their naim style cables. Always a pleasure to be in contact with them. RIP.

Very sad news, i got an email from Lyn this afternoon as i was awaiting some cables. I’d be prepared to donate if someone starts a collection. RiP
Regards
Leo

My wife organized a collection after her mother died...I will ask her what she did and get back to you all.

Damn that’s terrible news, I’d happily chip in..someone on here can maybe suggest best way to organise a forum collection method.

I bought some of their cables early on in their life when I was getting into Naim for the first time. Great service. RIP.

Oh so sad... only a few months ago I ordered a Y cable to go from hicap to nait xs2 on a Sunday and Dave rang me Sunday tea time to check it was what I needed... cable arrived Tuesday.. I’ll donate too..

Sad sad news. Like many I benefited from Dave's no nonsense and decent approach to sensible cabling. RIP Dave, generous with sensible advice and as straight as a die. :(

Add me to the list for a collection.

So sorry to read this. Dave's cables is what allowed many of us on this side of the pond to enjoy Naim legacy gear. its hard enough to source misc connecting cables esp for combining Olive series with CB gear, now it will be near impossible.

I'll chip in to the collection, keep us posted.

Flashback were always a pleasure to deal with, no drama even with transoceanic shipping they always arrived quickly.

advertisement

Back