advertisement

Dave Laine of Flashback Sales has died

I am selling some items and all the proceeds will go to Lyn and the cats.

1. Mini headphone amp with volume control, walwart and Flashback Premier Naim DIN 2 RCA cable....£30 posted.

2. Creek OBH 8Mk2 phono stage with box and instruction manual and walwart and a RCA 2 RCA cable....£85 posted.

Both for £100

Both are in immaculate condition...come on...it's for Lyn and the cats :)

Last edited:
50727924407_f793dd3bef_z.jpg

Dave and his mother. Dave was 64

The cremation is today at 08.45

The total is now £1360

apologies for being so late to this -- only found out 15 mins ago on facebook

a real loss -- he was my goto guy for many cables -- excellent service, well made, superb value for money.

donation made, of course

Jon Honeyball
Contributing Editor, PCPro Magazine
Contributor, HifiCritic

apologies for being so late to this -- only found out 15 mins ago on facebook

a real loss -- he was my goto guy for many cables -- excellent service, well made, superb value for money.

donation made, of course

Jon Honeyball
Contributing Editor, PCPro Magazine
Contributor, HifiCritic

Thank you Jon....the total stands at £1420...I will send the money to Lyn on Monday and publish 'accounts' on here too.

Total now £1440

Lyn has again asked me to thank everyone for their generosity. Lyn further wants everyone to know that anyone who put in an order for a cable with Flashback Sales on or after 15 September 2020 had their order cancelled and no money was taken.

For some reason...just giving won't hand over the cash for a further 6-10 days???

Just found out..Sad news..I was only speaking to Lyn last month, when she got in touch to cancel an order. He was always my ‘go to’ for cables.

I have an old Cambridge Amp and pair of Mission speakers..I’ll pass on for free, just make a donation to the fund.

The total stands at £1460...but Just Giving let me withdraw £1420 and after they deducted their 'fees' that ended up as £1368.71...so I kept back the £71 for Sue's flowers and that left...£1290.78 and I rounded it up to £1291 and I have paid that amount in Lyn's bank account.

I will chase up the remaining £40...I will let you all know Lyn's response.

The £40 has been 'withdrawn'...so about 6-10 days.

Guys...without you...this would not have been possible...so I thank you...You are all amazingly beautiful people.

I merely lit the fuse...you were the gunpowder.

Chapeau.

From Lyn:

I'm sure Dave is grateful that pfm is helping to look after me

I know I've said this countless times befre, but thank you all so much.
It really is much appreciated - not just the money but to know that Dave
was so well thought of

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Love Lyn

A further £38.34 transferred to Lyn...it will take a further 2 weeks for the remaining £20 to be processed by Just Giving...they are very slow in doing this.

Total so far sent to Lyn is £1407.05 including the flowers for Dave's mother (£71)...that is from £1460 donated...so total JG's deductions are £52.95p

My calculations are that the final £20 will yield £19.17 (2.9%+£0.25)...so final figures to be £1426.22 from £1480...total deductions will be £53.78 and the % of the deductions from the total of £1480 is just under 3.64%.

A final message...the final installment has been transferred to Lyn (£19.17) and she again thanks everyone for being so very generous.

I too thank you...this has been a joint venture and I am very proud of the pfm members who contributed both financially and through their sincere words in praising Dave and Flashback...it has been a true comfort for Lyn and Sue (Dave's mother).

Chapeau PFM members :)

Just when I thought it was all over Kevin (thank you) has donated £20...making the grand total....£1500...so have to wait a few weeks...but that will generate a further £19.17 for Lyn. :)

Brilliant.

advertisement

Back