advertisement

Cyrus Unofficial forum : closed

Hadn’t even realised this thread existed. I gave up my cyrus unofficial habit years ago!

This place is now the only forum / social media type thing I use having erased my existence on all the others. Not good for the soul!

this place manages not to make me
Demented though!

Wow, just stumbled on this... Sad that CU has shut down. I posted on there from maybe 2002 onwards, back when it was the old style message board.

I've still got a pair of Mono X's that I bought about 15 years ago.

Hi guys..I lost track of forums in these months but still loyal tomcyrus...quick update in the covid era: during italian lockdown in feb to may my av master 8 lost its display and I managed to get a used one to replace it... still I would like to have my first one to be repaired....because it needs to go in the moutain system ...I will post some picture for hifinutt

Did CU friends found another place to catch up?
By the way do you think I can get my av master repaired if I send it to UK? Ideas?

Stay safe

erri

Hi guys..I lost track of forums in these months but still loyal tomcyrus...quick update in the covid era: during italian lockdown in feb to may my av master 8 lost its display and I managed to get a used one to replace it... still I would like to have my first one to be repaired....because it needs to go in the moutain system ...I will post some picture for hifinutt

By the way do you think I can get my av master repaired if I send it to UK? Ideas?

Stay safe

erri
Have you emailed Cyrus to see if they have any spare screens, maybe you could get a local engineer to fit it.

Stay safe

erri
thanks erri....your mountain system will cheer everyone up. Lovely to have you here

Ciao, I got an answer from cyrus....no way to find a display for replacement for av master 8.0...the day that the second dies...I will have two silver boxes for a colour swap...

Apparently we are going to be stuck in Milan and Lombardia for heavy lockdown until 3 december...that is what will be law tomorrow, which means no mountain system...also because is going to be red zone even there...

Difficult times. Stay safe

erri

New XR High End range on the way
https://stereo-magazine.com/article/highend-zuwachs-bei-cyrus

The XR project is ambitious and culminates in the presentation of six new components at once to the public at the end of October with two integrated amplifiers, CD player and transport, DAC preamplifier and external power supply. It is and was a real challenge for a medium-sized company such as Cyrus, who began developing this series about ten years ago.

Good – Better – Best
In the future, Cyrus Audio will have good products for the ambitious beginner with the ONE series, the next higher level for established music-lovers with the CLASSIC series, and completely uncompromising devices for the demanding gourmet in their portfolio. Filling the latter category is the goal of the new XR series.

A streamer as well as more powerful power amplifiers are also already in development, as additional components of the series.​

Whilst good to see of a new/updated line of units, probably not quite the best timing for bringing to market. Maybe hoping that with Christmas not far away that may overcome the present economic situation? Wait to see how the items are priced, feeling that might be a tadge high looking at the numbers mentioned in the above linked Stereo article.

Cyrus used to be affordable to many but in recent years the prices have become eye watering.

Good luck to them though.

Whilst good to see of a new/updated line of units, probably not quite the best timing for bringing to market. Maybe hoping that with Christmas not far away that may overcome the present economic situation? Wait to see how the items are priced, feeling that might be a tadge high looking at the numbers mentioned in the above linked Stereo article.

well today the stock markets leapt up as did optimism with new vaccine etc announcement so may be a good time

Cyrus used to be affordable to many but in recent years the prices have become eye watering.

Good luck to them though.

well today the stock markets leapt up as did optimism with new vaccine etc announcement so may be a good time
The Stereo Magazine article suggests "the new products will be positioned above the previous Signature flagship series and will each cost between around EUR 2,000 and 5,000 in Germany."

The Stereo Magazine article suggests "the new products will be positioned above the previous Signature flagship series and will each cost between around EUR 2,000 and 5,000 in Germany."
Yeah these are above the Sigs so gonna be expensive, from the few snippets I've seen on the web:

Now:
2 x Integrated Amps
1 x CD Player
1 x CD Transport
1 x DAC Pre
1 x PSU​

Then:
1 x Streamer
2 x Amps (assume there will be Monos and a Stereo)​

advertisement

Back