advertisement

Cyrus Unofficial forum : closed

They desperately need a Steamer or Streamer/DAC that can compete with Naim/Linn/Auralic.

I think the challenge with that would be the resources to develop and offer ongoing support for a decent app. Even if Roon ready, not everyone wants to use that.

I think the challenge with that would be the resources to develop and offer ongoing support for a decent app. Even if Roon ready, not everyone wants to use that.
It would be a step forward though - they tried it on their own but unlike Naim and Linn have not made significant progress with their homegrown App - Cadence is awful - if they had an Auralic level Roon Ready unit I would have bought one for my Office system.

A quick look at price for the existing PSX-R2 suggests £845 is the going rate, so I can't see the new power supply costing less than £1000. By the time you add one of these to each of the source, pre and power amps, you're looking at a system well beyond the so-called Classic range. The half width casing was quite a bone of contention on the CU website, but it seems they've packed even more into the space available? I hope it works out for them.

Hi guys,
I'm a Cyrus fan from Germany and need your expertise please... (-:
Recently I received an offer for a 8.2 DAC Qx. The owner claimed he did an upgrade from a 8 DAC Qx to 8.2 three years ago.
I've got a 8 DAC Qx and ask myself if it's worth it.
Have you got some experience or know someone who has in terms of details of this upgrade?
Actually my plan was to improve the 8 DAC Qx with a PSX-R2. And I bought a preowned one in England but unfortunately the parcel never arrived here in Berlin...

Many thanx
Ian

Hi guys,
I'm a Cyrus fan from Germany and need your expertise please... (-:
Recently I received an offer for a 8.2 DAC Qx. The owner claimed he did an upgrade from a 8 DAC Qx to 8.2 three years ago.
I've got a 8 DAC Qx and ask myself if it's worth it.
Have you got some experience or know someone who has in terms of details of this upgrade?
Actually my plan was to improve the 8 DAC Qx with a PSX-R2. And I bought a preowned one in England but unfortunately the parcel never arrived here in Berlin...

Many thanx
Ian
I have had a lot of Cyrus gear but never these ones. I am guessing that the difference will be small and smaller than the addition of a PSX-R. I would go for a couple of second hand Mono X if you want to hear a big improvement.

I’d forgotten about this thread and sat outside the pub in the rain this has cheered me up.

Still in close contact wit crimsondonkey (Wayne), swap mails with callen and see posts from a few old members on the Abbatoir.

Interested to see the upgrade prices for the new range. My DAC Sig might benefit from an uplift.

ah lovely to see you are still around mick . i still have waynes amazing speakers and boy do they sound good [ rfc taus] good to see callan still around

wonderful to hear from you , trust life is not too onerous with covid etc . hi fi is a good way to relax as you know . the wam show is back on in oct if you are over , but i guess the thought of quarantine does not appeal much !!

Hello Phil
Well I would love to be back to UK but the useless quarantine puts me really off.
I don't know the real scientific reason behind that , albeit acknowledging that the Astra Zeneca is not really a good one .. anyway , it's all politics now.
Anyone's got news from Robert ?
Cheers

I don't know the real scientific reason behind that , albeit acknowledging that the Astra Zeneca is not really a good one ..

Let's start at the very beginning. A very good place to start...etc.

(saying what you did on P.M. might have been better).

Hello Phil
Well I would love to be back to UK but the useless quarantine puts me really off.
I don't know the real scientific reason behind that , albeit acknowledging that the Astra Zeneca is not really a good one .. anyway , it's all politics now.
Anyone's got news from Robert ?
Cheers

no not heard a peep !!

advertisement

Back