advertisement

Cycling log - random events in the day of a cyclist

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shouldn't really be even thinking about Strava KOMs at my age but it's a right pisser when you miss out on one by two seconds. Could have got it as well. A 1km 3.5% hill done at 31kph. Second fastest of all time at 1.56 and fastest this year by 17 seconds. I suppose No. 2 out of 829 is OK for an old bastard but it doesn't feel like that.

Managed a massive 3 miles on the single speed with the bin lid to get some icecream. She had two scoops mint choc chip with sprinkles, choc sauce and a flake. Me, one scoop bannofee fudge - diet an' all. Having a lie down now.

Need to do 200km commuting this week to complete a charity thing by end of May because I skived off today. Likely include a ride from Manchester to join family in Morecambe one evening - a particularly boring ride.

26m commute with 1200ft of climbing this morning. Gears playing up on extra climb, chucking off the chain from bottom gear.

My company has achieved it's charity goal, 8105km in May - the equivalent distance from UK to Yemen. The 10 core cyclists have ridden a total of 5626km (mine 876km so far), rest of distance made up with step counts from phones and fitbits from the staff in general. We're lagging a bit on the fund raising though.

26m commute with 1200ft of climbing this morning. Gears playing up on extra climb, chucking off the chain from bottom gear.

My company has achieved it's charity goal, 8105km in May - the equivalent distance from UK to Yemen. The 10 core cyclists have ridden a total of 5626km (mine 876km so far), rest of distance made up with step counts from phones and fitbits from the staff in general. We're lagging a bit on the fund raising though.

You need me on your team ;-)

A very easy 80kms or so this morning has brought my tally so far this year to 7424kms :)

You need me on your team ;-)

A very easy 80kms or so this morning has brought my tally so far this year to 7424kms :)
Already got 2 ringers to get that distance, but next time...

I reckon I will do 1000km this month, which is the most since this time last year - my target for the year is 8,000km which is just about achievable after a slow start, 2928km so far.

My initial target was 12,000kms but I've revised it to 16,000kms. Tough but doable as long as I avoid injury and illness and weather isn't really shit in November and December. I'll be close to 2,000 this month I think.

Cracked the bottom bracket this morning, only 1.5miles from home but at the bottom of the hill. Turned round and rode back up with the chain set wobbling about. Somehow managed my 3rd fastest time up the climb. Swapped bikes but only did 18 miles as had to be in office on time for once. I am down to one working road bike, a sad state.

Cracked the bottom bracket this morning, only 1.5miles from home but at the bottom of the hill. Turned round and rode back up with the chain set wobbling about. Somehow managed my 3rd fastest time up the climb. Swapped bikes but only did 18 miles as had to be in office on time for once. I am down to one working road bike, a sad state.

Putting immense power through the cranks ;-)

I've done bugger all of late on my bikes as I've been spending my time dog walking instead. Now I'm back in Edinburgh, on the edge of the Pentlands, I need to dust down my mountain bikes and get out on them.

I've done bugger all of late on my bikes as I've been spending my time dog walking instead. Now I'm back in Edinburgh, on the edge of the Pentlands, I need to dust down my mountain bikes and get out on them.

HTFU :)

I did an hour dog walk before I went out on the bike.

I'm done for May. 950km, over 10,000m climbing and two knackered bikes - mostly commuting. Got the biggest distance covered in the company charity thing and raised a bit for Save the Children, but it's winning the distance that matters. Toying with upgrading my new frame order to a full Di2 build as I have been such a good chap.

I'm done for May. 950km, over 10,000m climbing and two knackered bikes - mostly commuting. Got the biggest distance covered in the company charity thing and raised a bit for Save the Children, but it's winning the distance that matters. Toying with upgrading my new frame order to a full Di2 build as I have been such a good chap.
Go go for the new SRAM Red Etap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back