advertisement

Current worth of your hifi?

Absolutely, any product is only worth what people are willing to pay for it.

The bottom fell out of the second-hand market, but certain brands continue to have reasonable values because they have a following.

I find it interesting to read about the audio choices others have made, but I really don’t care how much money they’ve spent.

My arm is a clone of the Schroeder Reference which I think costs around £6,000

What they cost me to build...

Arm.... £150
kF0sCyM.jpg

I'd probably get £4k on here or e bay after fees were I to split it and sell everyting seperately. A few other bits and bobs around the house might net another £300.

New replacement cost would be in the ballpark of £15k.

Given that I have few receipts for anything, any one know the protocol for documenting this for insurance and which figure shluld be used?

Given that I have few receipts for anything, any one know the protocol for documenting this for insurance and which figure shluld be used?
To start I'd suggest taking photos of each main component. One of the item in general and one that shows the serial number and model number.

I'd suggest photographing each piece and its serial number. You don't need a figure, which can only be historical if obsolete, unless you're going bespoke for insurance. Then a figure to reflect current replacement at r.r.p. would suffice, I guess.

How do you put a price on the emotive ? The sheer joy and inspiration that I've reaped from some boxes and cables is beyond worth imo.

advertisement

Back