advertisement

Cricket 2021 - all things cricket for this year on pfm

Atherton made this point on commentary yesterday: no matter how much knowledge you have of cricket and how many years you have spent watching the game - test cricket has the ability to surprise and confound you. That is one of its great attractions.

What a turn around although I am a bit gutted as I had tickets for yesterday but I bottled it due to fears over COVID.

Trent Bridge Ashes 2015 wasn't too bad

Oh yes - remember this well. I took a mate who wasn't as into cricket as me. I used to have a personal rule that I should be there for the 1st and last ball bowled of the days play. Its was spitting with rain, so my mate suggested we go get a drink. A lot of others had that Idea. I said no, because of my stupid rule. 20 minutes later they were 18-2. An hour later 60 all out. And a Root ton in the same day. Possibly the best days test cricket I've seen. Although I did see Ian Bell dismantle India with a classy ton the previous year(I think). That was the innings where he was run out on the last ball before tea, but both teams then agreed it was unsportsmanlike, and his wicket was reinstated.

England need to bat out the day. They have 4 days of good weather, on a pitch that suits them. They need to be patient, and not try and get funky like they did at Lords. Two tons from our openers 1st up would be fab.

Missed this. His was the name on my School cricket bat. RIP
Amazing day yesterday. Blimey.

Yes mine too and the gloves. In the days when all that stood between you and a certain broken finger was a few green bobbles.

iu

Atherton made this point on commentary yesterday: no matter how much knowledge you have of cricket and how many years you have spent watching the game - test cricket has the ability to surprise and confound you. That is one of its great attractions.

What a turn around although I am a bit gutted as I had tickets for yesterday but I bottled it due to fears over COVID.

I also had tickets but couldn't go due to COVID in a family member. Gutted!

Engrossing days cricket. Loved it. They didn't collapse!! The pitch isn't doing much. Or is it?

Looking forward to the T20 quarter final later. Looks nice and sunshiney in Zummerset.

Last night was bloody epic - well worth the Now TV subscription (£25 a month for 3 months offer). I did have to turn the volume off every time that shouty lady commentator had a stint though. Nails down a blackboard . Screeeech!

advertisement

Back