advertisement

Cranage Show 2022

Did anyone see the price of the Living Voice equipment rack in the SJS room?
I just want to check that either my eyes weren’t working correctly or they added a zero onto the end of the price in error :eek:

(Irrespective of price, would echo what others have said, I sat listening to some violinist giving it what for and thought it sounded very very good).

Yes, I don't recall the exact figure, but the rack was 28K ish. Wasn't a typo because I asked, "'double the price of the speakers...?"

Did anyone see the price of the Living Voice equipment rack in the SJS room?
I just want to check that either my eyes weren’t working correctly or they added a zero onto the end of the price in error :eek:

(Irrespective of price, would echo what others have said, I sat listening to some violinist giving it what for and thought it sounded very very good).
Yes, I read the price list too:eek:! Your eyesight is fine :)

Yes, I don't recall the exact figure, but the rack was 28K ish. Wasn't a typo because I asked, "'double the price of the speakers...?"

Yes, I read the price list too:eek:! Your eyesight is fine :)

Thank you both, good that eyesight is OK and no typo, was down as £28,800!

Feels like they plucked a figure out of the air and thought someone will pay this, so that’s what they went with.

hi, i really think kevin- definitive need to make -develop a speaker above the LV's, maybe twice the price, the gap between these and their top Olympia is googlehofing , yes that is a word , it means planet large, :rolleyes: ps how much are the top of the line LV's with outboard crossover ??
I believe some time back,I did see an article that Kevin was shortly going to introduce a new larger version of his LV speaker with the emphasis on it being fairly bespoke or based on customer requirements, he'll build it to whatever you want.

Thank you both, good that eyesight is OK and no typo, was down as £28,800!

Feels like they plucked a figure out of the air and thought someone will pay this, so that’s what they went with.

If you need to ask the price you can’t afford it

I believe some time back,I did see an article that Kevin was shortly going to introduce a new larger version of his LV speaker with the emphasis on it being fairly bespoke or based on customer requirements, he'll build it to whatever you want.

There is a larger speaker theoretically in the works, provisional nomenclature R80. Big bugger, dwarfs an Auditorium. They actually had a development prototype on static display at Munich in 2019.

Kevin's always been amenable to the idea of custom commissions, which is, after all, what the Spiritland speaker system is.

On the domestic front, there have been a few, the best-known probably being the 'Cosmotron,' a speaker based on an Auditorium but cast in bronze in the form of a 'Flash Gordon' style rocket ship.

That's them. Look like a Kandinsky.

they are the top of the range model made by Horns (www.horns.pl), a Polish company that is a subdivision of a company called 'Autotek' who work in the automotive industry but have applied their industrial design knowhow to horn loaded loudspeakers. I have their FP10 model, 10" bass driver, horn loaded tweeter and am very happy with them.
They are distributed by Greg Drygla of G-Point Audio. He works really closely with Malvern Audio (the room in which the Universum's were playing) and I agree that they souned very lovely. Greg's room, the first on the left as you came in through reception, was, for me, the star of the show. He was playing the new Horizon DAC from Lampizator (also Polish), fed by Lucas Audio LDMS server (also Polish) into Riviera amps (Italian, drop dead gorgeous) and either Audio Nec active powered speakers or Diptyche pannel/magneplanars, both French made.

they are the top of the range model made by Horns (www.horns.pl), a Polish company that is a subdivision of a company called 'Autotek' who work in the automotive industry but have applied their industrial design knowhow to horn loaded loudspeakers. I have their FP10 model, 10" bass driver, horn loaded tweeter and am very happy with them.
They are distributed by Greg Drygla of G-Point Audio. He works really closely with Malvern Audio (the room in which the Universum's were playing) and I agree that they souned very lovely. Greg's room, the first on the left as you came in through reception, was, for me, the star of the show. He was playing the new Horizon DAC from Lampizator (also Polish), fed by Lucas Audio LDMS server (also Polish) into Riviera amps (Italian, drop dead gorgeous) and either Audio Nec active powered speakers or Diptyche pannel/magneplanars, both French made.
Yes, that room was extremely good too, and I didn't manage to catch the panel speakers....maybe they were even better!
The Audio Nec speakers I noticed had used the principles of the Lineum tweeter to make a unique midrange driver, which I rated very highly.

I liked Simon Hamnett's Isobraics / Naim / Avondale room for scale and finesse across the range.

2022-06-20_03-41-56

GPoint were making some nice noises with the French pannel speakers when i was in there.

Several other rooms were sounding good but a little difficult to access on Saturday. Some others not so great and some audiofoolery to be found as well. I didn't realise that cable risers were still a thing

Does anyone know who the dealer was who was using a pair of Gershman Grande Avant Garde speakers?

advertisement

Back