advertisement

Cranage Show 2022

Not a 60's soul tribute....

Just home and looking forward to others views.

My first impressions was welcoming and professional staff and why are there two butchers in the lobby areas?

Anyone got any pics? I wasn’t able to get there this year so would be curious to know what was there, whether it was good/bad etc.

PS I’ve merged the two threads.

I thought it was rather good & i arrived a bit before opening and was allowed in

Had a good chat with the designer of cuvi loudspeakers,really good sounding room.

Another excellent sounding room was Living voice & sjs amplifiers with Kuzma turntable i could have stayed a few hours in that room.

Overall well worth the visit and risk of catching covid:)

As result of Steve’s (Koi) telephone call my friend and I reluctantly decided not to attend tomorrow. Lots of people in small unventilated rooms just too big a Covid risk especially as Sunday is likely to have an even greater attendance than a very busy Saturday.

I've been this afternoon took my friend with me who knows nothing about hi-fi but a lot about music and working with musicians and producers, highly amusing to see her reaction to the sound in some rooms, she was incredulous when i told her that "cables" were a thing!
There were a few systems that i enjoyed, the room with all the turntables and the direct cut records and the black ATC 40 actives was smashing, the first time i've heard smaller ATC's, Martens in Doug Brady room were good, but they should be at the hefty price.

I also enjoyed the Fink speakers and thought the Goldenear speakers had good timbre and sounded fairly well balanced and natural for £3k.Living Voice was nicely balanced too. The big Kerr speakers in an accessory room sounded natural, although can't help but feel they aren't quite as dynamic and controlled as similar sized ATC actives.

KEF room with the new 60's was way to quiet! Dutch and Dutch showed a bit of promise but demonstrator need to put some acoustic panels in the room to get rid of the coloration bouncing off the wooden paneled headboard behind the speakers. Kii's still sound a bit unnatural to me, but were good at pumping out high volume with any overhang.
The smaller ATC 40 A's were definitely my fav's of the show.

Thanks to the organisers and the exhibitors, everyone was really friendly and helpful, a really enjoyable show even if your not an Audiophile.

There were some really good rooms. The room with the Kuzma/Living Voice was great, as was the room with the Voyd Reference/SME V into a triangular pair of speakers and never seen or heard of. They played QOTSA, too! Result. Audio Note was good and I really liked the YG Carmels. Longdog was superb, although I couldn’t live with the speakers looking like that. A real highlight was being able to catch up with Doug Brady, though. His shop is now 60 years old and whilst he’s not involved in the business any more, he stays in touch so the cake the organisers brought him was a lovely touch.

There were some really good rooms. The room with the Kuzma/Living Voice was great, as was the room with the Voyd Reference/SME V into a triangular pair of speakers and never seen or heard of. They played QOTSA, too! Result. Audio Note was good and I really liked the YG Carmels. Longdog was superb, although I couldn’t live with the speakers looking like that. A real highlight was being able to catch up with Doug Brady, though. His shop is now 60 years old and whilst he’s not involved in the business any more, he stays in touch so the cake the organisers brought him was a lovely touch.
I guess Doug's the bloke I walked behind while they were taking photos of him with me wondering why the hell haven't they got any music on, I want to hear those Proacs again :)

Thought the Alchris room sounded great, both with the large AR66 (really good) and the smaller AR6 (great value for money those look). Also enjoyed the SJS/Living Voice, the huge eggleston audio speakers (46k?), The Voyd system as mentioned above sounded great (gershwin triangle speakers?), and great to finally meet Les of Avondale Audio face to face and have a bit of a chat and ogle of his pcbs he had on show. Liked the CAD/MBLs as well. Klipsch Cornwalls also sounding good.

Having received an email saying they'd sorted out overflow parking a mile away I was expecting it to be busier actually. It was about the same as last time I went. No problem getting in any of the rooms, some being pretty much empty. Quite fancy popping back tomorrow as well but doubt that will be on the cards!

Was looking forward to hearing the KIIs but didn't grab me, or the new kefs, something slightly synthetic about both of them, didn't sound natural. Wasn't taken by either of the rooms with Graham's speakers, but that may just be show conditions making them sound a bit flat. The ATCs didn't grab me again, in any of the rooms. Thought the dalek B&Ws sounded a bit shouty and over detailed (expectation bias anyone?)

I thought it was rather good & i arrived a bit before opening and was allowed in

Had a good chat with the designer of cuvi loudspeakers,really good sounding room.

Another excellent sounding room was Living voice & sjs amplifiers with Kuzma turntable i could have stayed a few hours in that room.

Overall well worth the visit and risk of catching covid:)

was watching the designer today on youtube . wonder how they compare to frugalhorn and the sibelius

advertisement

Back