advertisement

Cranage Show 2022

I totally forgot, big shout out the Electromod team who put up with my listening to headphones for quite a while after other lesser rooms had started packing up.

Lots of appreciation for ATC40s in the write ups & I understand why. I’ve had mine for a couple of years now & they never disappoint, even after all this time they still surprise & delight with a wide range of music.

The temptation is always to play loud but they still sound great at lower volumes.

Indeed :)

Just to add and out of interest that although in some cases it will be easier said then done however if your system is based on digital audio, using an all in one solution and want the best performance from ATC active monitors (and this should also be the case with numerous power amplifiers) SCM19A's, SCM40A's, SCM100ASL's, etc, then ATC active monitors need to be directly fed from an Ed Meitner - EMM Labs/Meitner Audio proprietary DAC/Pre's with their V Control which "maintains the input signal without re-quantization allowing for complete transparency at any volume setting, wide attenuation range, and no loss of audio resolution."

Ed Meitner aka Mr DSD knows a thing or two and then some about digital audio and is also known as the Billy Woodman of digital audio particularly as he helped Sony/Philips develop DSD technology. ATC monitors were also used in the development of DSD technology.

Ed_2.jpg

EMM Labs/Meitner Audio DAC/Pre's start with the MA3 @ £9750.

Indeed :)

Just to add and out of interest that although in some cases it will be easier said then done however if your system is based on digital audio, using an all in one solution and want the best performance from ATC active monitors (and this should also be the case with numerous power amplifiers) SCM19A's, SCM40A's, SCM100ASL's, etc, then ATC active monitors need to be directly fed from an Ed Meitner - EMM Labs/Meitner Audio proprietary DAC/Pre's with their V Control which "maintains the input signal without re-quantization allowing for complete transparency at any volume setting, wide attenuation range, and no loss of audio resolution."

Ed Meitner aka Mr DSD knows a thing or two and then some about digital audio and is also known as the Billy Woodman of digital audio particularly as he helped Sony/Philips develop DSD technology. ATC monitors were also used in the development of DSD technology.

Ed_2.jpg

EMM Labs/Meitner Audio DAC/Pre's start with the MA3 @ £9750.
I’m afraid I’m slimming it with a lowly CDA2 & Innuos Zen Mini.

best sounds for me , were audio council room , audionote room a bit bright , longdogs speakers were sounding great , and there was a pair of lowthers speakers white midrange playing classical , sounded great , i could not live with solid state , phil.

Totally agree but they are a small company and I'm not sure the UK has a big enough market however I would love to see their products available here. I have a pair of their smaller Avant Gardes and in my many years of box swapping they remain one of my favourite speakers. Even though they are not currently in my system I can't bring myself to part with them.
Gershman have been picked up in the UK by Audio Pinnacle following Munich. They're listed as UK distributors on the Gershman website so it's official. Maybe give them a call?

Ah, money again! "Money doesn't talk, it swears". Who said that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, SteveH, Les has probably forgotten more about electronics than you'll ever know. It's because of nasty little comments like yours that he decided to leave this forum, and for those of us that actually like to learn and have constructive conversations that was a great loss.

Hey, SteveH, Les has probably forgotten more about electronics than you'll ever know. It's because of nasty little comments like yours that he decided to leave this forum, and for those of us that actually like to learn and have constructive conversations that was a great loss.

It's a simple enough statement: Not all of us regard his work as an "upgrade" to the Naim house sound.
No more or less than that. It's the internet you know.

The Diptyque speakers aren't technically Magneplanar, but Isodynamic planar units. (Magneplanar is a brand name)
I'll have some DP77 Diptyques shortly.

No mention of Simon Hamnett either........

Regards

Richard

Yes, but Simon was exhibiting using Avondaled Naim amps so that's probably why. He had three of the "best sound in show" cards when I was there too, and a lot of people were impressed with the sheer scale and energy of the system. Like I said - stitch-up!

Yes, but Simon was exhibiting using Avondaled Naim amps so that's probably why. He had three of the "best sound in show" cards when I was there too, and a lot of people were impressed with the sheer scale and energy of the system

This is particularly interesting for me given the direction I'm heading in. Simon aided by LesW's amplification, gaining the 'Best sound in show' cards not being mentioned elsewhere is kind of out of order really. It certainly won't fit the agenda for those dealers wishing to push 'new product'.

I can honestly say I've never been to a hi-fi show in my life so I have no idea as to how such a card is won. Who made the decision to award the three cards?

Regards

Richard

This is particularly interesting for me given the direction I'm heading in. Simon aided by LesW's amplification, gaining the 'Best sound in show' cards not being mentioned elsewhere is kind of out of order really. It certainly won't fit the agenda for those dealers wishing to push 'new product'.

I can honestly say I've never been to a hi-fi show in my life so I have no idea as to how such a card is won. Who made the decision to award the three cards?

Regards

Richard
They’re anonymously given. Each attendee was given a card on entry and could leave one in the room he/she thought was best. The room with the most cards won.

advertisement

Back