advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXIV

35 926 cases today, 651 deaths (average of 470 yesterday and today and matching the January peak now) and 1 909 admissions (11/4), which seem to have peaked now.

Mrs. Hook and I had our second boosters yesterday. My first vaccination was J&J, first booster was Moderna, and second one was Pfizer.

Of all three, Pfizer has provoked the strongest response for me. Very sore arm today, and feeling wiped out. As a result, I cannot be held legally responsible for any bullish*t I post today.

Mrs. Hook and I had our second boosters yesterday. My first vaccination was J&J, first booster was Moderna, and second one was Pfizer.

Of all three, Pfizer has provoked the strongest response for me. Very sore arm today, and feeling wiped out. As a result, I cannot be held legally responsible for any bullish*t I post today.
My first three were Pfizer, no issues. My fourth was Moderna last Wednesday and I’d say today is the first day since I’ve not felt wiped out. Haven’t felt Ill, just knackered. Still, I’d take that over a hospital bed or worse.

32 608 cases today, 350 deaths and 2 003 admissions (12/4). That's it until Tuesday now - stay safe, it's often among friends and family where you let your guard down.

32 608 cases today, 350 deaths and 2 003 admissions (12/4). That's it until Tuesday now - stay safe, it's often among friends and family where you let your guard down.
Number of deaths by actual date as opposed to by reported date, looks to have peaked, following the pattern in the number of admissions that has peaked.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths?areaType=overview&areaName=United Kingdom

Of course this can all change and start going up again, but there are signs that we have just got past peak Omicron in the UK.

Tested positive yesterday, a couple of days after Mrs ff1d1l. Had symptoms which tested negative for a few days, gradually getting worse, night sweats, aching, coughing, sneezing today. Hopefully this is as bad as it gets, and will slowly improve from now on, as Mrs ff1d1l has.

Seems everyone I speak to now has had or has covid.

One of my neighbours who is also a customer has cancer and has been shielding and basically self isolating for the past two years but his wife was telling me she and he both caught covid recently after the wife went to some spa with her daughter seems the guy has it bad and is really struggling.

Hopefully he'll recover but it doesn't sound good.

Went to a job at a care home the other day, 16 cases amongst the residents and about 10 staff off with it, manager was in the kitchen making sandwiches for tea as the kitchen staff were off with it.

Still no idea if I've had it or not over the last 2 years, from all the places I've been on a daily basis where it is rife you'd think I'd have had it by now, but I've not been ill or tested positive in that time so anyone's guess.

Me too I’m in the same boat no idea if I’d had it either I’ve never tested positive but had at least one episode where even a doctor thought I’d had it however even o. That occasion I tested negative twice.

Tested positive yesterday, a couple of days after Mrs ff1d1l. Had symptoms which tested negative for a few days, gradually getting worse, night sweats, aching, coughing, sneezing today. Hopefully this is as bad as it gets, and will slowly improve from now on, as Mrs ff1d1l has.

Hope you are OK and it doesn't get any worse than that. Wishing you and yours all the best.

Hope you and Mrs ff1d1l are OK soon. We need you on the hill with your camera again!

advertisement

Back