advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not just the number of cases - independent experts (company and government) will review the event, whether any other drugs were being taken, whether the patients had any risk factors, the batch will be undergoing tests by the company and and and....

In my experience, if you withdrew a batch because of some events close in numbers to the background incidence, many drugs would be unavailable for parts of every year.

The MHRA in particular have real experience and expertise plus a history of making good calls. Leave it to them as there may be something in this, but probably not and not getting vaccinated is way more risky to the individual even if this is a real problem.

If any country doesn't want to use the AZ vaccine they have they should quickly donate the vaccines to other countries that do want them.

Exactly .
"France’s Health Minister Olivier Véran has said that there is no need to fear the vaccine, and said that in France, the ANSM has noted “one case of thrombosis” out of the 454,545 AstraZeneca doses administered so far, which was not connected to the latest AstraZeneca batch.

This is lower than the national risk of thrombosis without the vaccine, which is currently at one in 300,000 people."

Has anyone looked at the incidence of thromboembolic disease in Covid patirents.

" He(Prof Stevens professor of pharmacoepidemiology )highlighted that covid-19 disease was very strongly associated with blood clotting and that there had been hundreds, if not many thousands, of deaths caused by blood clotting as a result of covid-19."
https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n699
https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/France-issues-statement-on-AstraZeneca-and-batch-ABV5300

If anything at all undermines the vaccination programmes in some countries it could be catastrophic - prevailing culture might expect politicians to err on ther side of caution in such situations. Everywhere is different. The AZ vaccine has been a very tough sell in some places, we must reconise that. The 12 weeks between doses was a huge gamble here that might well have played out the other way...

"At a guess, there will be a much higher incidence of people falling off a ladder some time after being vaccinated."
AstraZeneca have refused to rule out a link between
Covid vaccination and falling off a ladder in the eight weeks following vaccination.

"At a guess, there will be a much higher incidence of people falling off a ladder some time after being vaccinated."
AstraZeneca have refused to rule out a link between
Covid vaccination and falling off a ladder in the eight weeks following vaccination.

I used to do a quiz on risk:benefit for new medics (oh how we lived the life!) which included real life data from A&E stats. You’d be amazed how many A&E attendances there are for ‘trouser-related incidents’....

I’m pretty confident the MHRA know what they are doing, they have a worldwide reputation for excellence. There is a massive difference between correlation & causation. The sheer number of people being vaccinated means that other medical conditions will present entirely coincidentally.

The Covid One Year Ago Twitter account has been doing a good job dragging things from the memory hole, and challenging tendencies to see, WHO, PHE and SAGE as heroes, standing against the villainy of the government. But we’re now reaching that point where it was clear to most of us the government preferred mass death to taking action:

https://twitter.com/yearcovid/status/1370675250271162374?s=21

Was “herd immunity” ever a strategy as such, or is Vallance just a really, really bad communicator?

It certainly seemed to be a strategy with the Johnson suggesting that we "take it on the chin" and "let it work it's way through the community" ( I know these aren't exact quotes but I'm pretty sure they're close cos I've watched videos of the fat twat saying it enough).

It's beginning to look like there's maybe more to the clotting stories. The Irish decision is based of cases in Norway:

Ireland cited a report into a death and three hospitalisations in Norway that came out on Saturday.

Prof Karina Butler, the head of Ireland’s National Immunisation Advisory Committee (NIAC), said it was acting out of an abundance of caution but wanted to know more about the unexpected cluster of “very serious” clotting events in younger people; Norway said this happened in people under 50. In three cases, it had involved clotting in the brain. In one of them, it was fatal.

"The agency did not yet know whether more blood clots were happening than expected in the population generally. “But they do seem to have clustered together at a level and in younger people – I mean less than 65 – where we wouldn’t necessarily have expected them to happen and thus the question was should we just pause until we get that information, because above all we want to maintain confidence in the vaccine programme so that people can feel that what they are getting is safe, that any serious safety signal is being thoroughly investigated,” she said."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...zeneca-covid-vaccine-over-blood-clot-concerns

The thing that a Danish friend said to me is that it’s not a question of blood clots, or even blood clots in certain age groups. It’s a question of the nature of the blood clots - the symptoms are, he suggested, very very unusual indeed.

The thing that a Danish friend said to me is that it’s not a question of blood clots, or even blood clots in certain age groups. It’s a question of the nature of the blood clots - the symptoms are, he suggested, very very unusual indeed.
I hear the clots form the shape of the AstraZeneca logo. Not sure where I heard it, maybe voices in my head, though.

Unless I'm mistaken, more people died with COVID yesterday in the UK, than there have been reported side affects of the vaccine and died? Out of 350m+* doses worldwide?

That seems to be what they're saying. I'm afraid that it's getting harder to believe that there have been no cases in the UK at all, unless it's related to batch or the production facility in some way...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...087fc7fb7f8c99#block-604f18018f087fc7fb7f8c99

It certainly seemed to be a strategy with the Johnson suggesting that we "take it on the chin" and "let it work it's way through the community" ( I know these aren't exact quotes but I'm pretty sure they're close cos I've watched videos of the fat twat saying it enough).
Yes, everything they said and did does suggest it was the strategy. I wonder if they feel justified in claiming otherwise because it was such a passive one. Or because it was originally just one rationalisation amongst others for the “suppress but don’t try to eliminate” strategy that Vallance and that nudge unit guy unintentionally promoted to the spotlight.

Hopefully this book will shed some light:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...hnott-review-how-britain-became-plague-island

I’m going to treat all this “highly unusual” symptoms stuff with a pinch of salt until I hear a scientist say it, with data. I’m old enough to remember when children’s wards were filling up in January as a result of the new strain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back