advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denmark has introduced a micro-management system for controlling the plague, it works at a sogne level -- a sogne is, I'm told, about the same size as a parish in the UK. When a sogne is deemed to have a high level of COVID, it's locked down.

Se det mest detaljerede kort indtil videre: Så mange smittede er der helt tæt på dig - TV 2

It has of course been criticised

Automatisk nedlukning af sogne og kommuner skal revurderes efter kritik - TV 2

I think it's interesting because, if there is a way to zero-COVID, this may be it.

@mandryka it's an interesting idea - didn't they try something similar in Berlin?

I can see how shutting schools and gyms would help. Shut the pubs in, say, Camden though - surely everyone just goes to Kentish Town instead?

Denmark has introduced a micro-management system for controlling the plague, it works at a sogne level -- a sogne is, I'm told, about the same size as a parish in the UK. When a sogne is deemed to have a high level of COVID, it's locked down.

thecrazies_600.jpg

Upton Snodsbury Parish Council ready for action...

Agreed - hence the reference to schools and gyms.

The Pineapple in Kentish Town was lovely when I lived round the corner - though it's been some time :)

Yes, maybe, I just remember them all being really empty most of the time, dark pubs with just an old codger or two sipping his Guinness very slowly. This could be a false memory of course.

Whoever would have thought that one night - a pangolin and a fruit bat would enact an excessively optimistic item that would end as with CV19..

Hi Gav,

Thanks for posting the graph.

The 7 day rolling average was around 20% and then dropped to close to 0 and is now at around 12%.

However you look at it, the number of admissions is varying now (i.e. not following a consistent decay model) and looks to have close to levelled out.

Overall all the indicators are in a much, much better place than we have seen for many months. But we now have to wait and see the effect of schools back for a whole term and shops and gyms etc open and how that works out with increasing numbers of first CV vaccinations and second vaccinations.

Ian

And come in their own serving bowl.
That’s disgraceful. Post reported™.

Actually I was in Hanoi and a man went past with a porcupine in a bamboo cage on the back of his moped, quills sticking out everywhere through the bars. What’s he doing with that ? I asked. He’s taking it home to eat it, came the reply.

Last edited:
@gavreid - I need to say thank you, (and to all those that add valuable data to this thread) for all the work over the last months in keeping this going.
It has virtually become my sole source of real data that can be 'relied' on, and for that I find it very valuable. ( I find it difficult to watch any news (poosibly C4) and have not read a newpaper since the 90's)
Very tough at times, close friends going through (and still) the very difficult effect of ths disease.
While it has been somewhat complex at times to see what was happening and where, it somehow found a form of fact / space here for it to become news.
I think it now has the chance to become more complex still (as Ian states above) but hopefully, and I do mean hopefully, there are enough sensible people to get this disease on the back foot and into a position where we can really move forward.

Just my 2p worth, and thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back