advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, thanks. Shame any potential debate will quickly get stifled by the experts on this thread! I guess that's the nature of social media - the loudest and most indefatigable voices win out
Getting radicalised by wingnut conspiracy theory propaganda on social media, then complaining about social media.

This alternative view is growing amongst scientists & doctors all over the world.
I have no idea if it is correct, but given the blind thrashing about we continue to see from governments almost everywhere, I think we should remain open and take this into serious account.
Have to ask, where did you get this?

It's going to be difficult for him to lift it when cases don't fall,

Go back if you have time (I don't) to what happened to the data after the March lockdown. I think it took much more that two weeks to have a visible effect, but I may be misremembering.

There was an epidemiologist on the Channel 4 news yesterday who seemed to be saying that this talk of a national circuit breaker is a diversion from the real problem, which is in The North, and that the main benefit of a circuit breaker would be psychological -- we'd know that something had an effect.

IMO we may know that it has no effect on the transmission and a bad effect on the economy.

Go back if you have time (I don't) to what happened to the data after the March lockdown. I think it took much more that two weeks to have a visible effect, but I may be misremembering.

There was an epidemiologist on the Channel 4 news yesterday who seemed to be saying that this talk of a national circuit breaker is a diversion from the real problem, which is in The North, and that the main benefit of a circuit breaker would be psychological -- we'd know that something had an effect.

IMO we may know that it has no effect on the transmission and a bad effect on the economy.
When you say "the economy" do you have a particular bit of it in mind?

Yes, I don't want to stop debate. I want to encourage it. I'll happily delete the comment if you think it's not useful.

Not at all, I appreciate reading your views, whether I agree with them or not.

YouTube pops up such videos since I posted the one by the Irish scientist awhile back (answering @Seanm 's q). I don't immediately conclude that it's all rubbish, because increasingly I find myself agreeing with many doctors who disagree with the mainstream. I am told that many fear going public with their views as their research budgets are largely funded by the pharmaceuticals who benefit most in financial terms from the pandemic.

Not at all, I appreciate reading your views, whether I agree with them or not.

YouTube pops up such videos since I posted the one by the Irish scientist awhile back (answering @Seanm 's q). I don't immediately conclude that it's all rubbish, because increasingly I find myself agreeing with many doctors who disagree with the mainstream. I am told that many fear going public with their views as their research budgets are largely funded by the pharmaceuticals who benefit most in financial terms from the pandemic.

A small number of people who know what’s *really* going on, but who are suppressed or made to fear telling the truth because of the vested interests which control the mainstream?

It’s not impossible, I haven’t watched the material in question. But please do note quite how much that sounds like Trump rhetoric/QAnon/lunatic right conspiracy. Especially when it’s YouTube throwing it up, when YT has form on pushing people in that direction.

... but if you did, you might find a lot worth considering, as clearly many doctors and scientists are...
Which ones? Don't you find it a little odd that both SAGE (who work for government) and Independent SAGE (who don't) are convinced that Covid is very serious and will continue to cause mass death until it's either controlled or everyone vulnerable to it is dead? Can we really say that dissenting voices are being suppressed when they are platformed almost daily by the BBC and mainstream newspapers?

“Sir Desmond Swayne” is on his back legs, contradicting scientific advice, refuting public health measures and raving like a Harry Enfield character. His “we are social animals” will be code for “some of us haven’t seen our mistresses for a fortnight”. The message is “paups back to work!”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back