advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Tesco earlier with a mask on and gloves. A young woman smirked at me when she saw me. A young, cocky lad of around 18, walked past me twice, coughing his guts up obviously trying to impress his friends. I do get the impression a lot of people aren't taking it seriously. A friend of my girlfriend seemed to think everything is exaggerated because "There were loads of people at the park today".

This virus is going to hang around for a long time largely because of stupid people.

Went to Tesco earlier with a mask on and gloves. A young woman smirked at me when she saw me. A young, cocky lad of around 18, walked past me twice, coughing his guts up obviously trying to impress his friends. I do get the impression a lot of people aren't taking it seriously. A friend of my girlfriend seemed to think everything is exaggerated because "There were loads of people at the park today".

This virus is going to hang around for a long time largely because of stupid people.
I now wonder....is it an English thing....in France and Germany it has been taken much more seriously than that.

I popped out wearing a mask this afternoon to post a parcel and try and score a baguette. Felt quite self conscious but the woman behind the Post Office counter was also wearing a mask and was actually quite appreciative of having one less potentially infected customer breath all over her.

A lot have people have also noticed many younger people acting the big man and coughing on purpose and purposely walking closely up to others , not much hope for the future generations if this is the gene pool !

Some people, such as those described in Fatmarley's post, are not remotely funny. Other than that, I'm all for lightening the mood.

Matt Hancock said it's ok to keep the building sites open because other European countries (including Italy & Spain) have kept there's open.

@Tony L have you received a letter off your GP today confirming your at risk?

My mother has, and the reality of it is not sinking in at all. She's nearly 80 and very stubborn, a wee bit confused, too!

She's seeing it as detention.

My phone has been ringing off the hook

A lot have people have also noticed many younger people acting the big man and coughing on purpose and purposely walking closely up to others , not much hope for the future generations if this is the gene pool !
I understand the law allows you to use reasonable force in self defence if you genuinely believe yourself to be in imminent danger. I reckon what they are doing is a form of assault. Ergo clocking them round the chops with a bottle of olive oil, or smashing a tin of beans in their nose, would count and I rather doubt any court would convict you in the circumstances.

A lot of people in (this) country haven't lived through anything that you might describe as serious - I was kind of aware of the darkest bits of the cold war, but that's really about it. For many, "serious" is their phone connection failing for an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back