advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had very mild symptoms for the first 7 days, only sore throat, mild headache, slight burning sensation / tightness in the chest and lungs. Easy to dismiss as something else and not really meeting the NHS 111 algorithm. Most people didn't believe me when I said I thought I had it, the main reason I knew was because I could trace the infection and also passing it on to household members.

But last night and today (8th day from symptom onset) things really took off, difficulty breathing and almost passed out after climbing the stairs (I'm approaching 50 and reasonably fit with no other health issues). Spent most of the day deep breathing in the back yard and now feel a bit better.

My friend in Spain was pretty ill the first 5 days but didn't get the second stage.

Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone.

As you say, you are in a favourable age group, have no underlying issues and are in good physical condition. All positives so the best of luck to you.

Ray

Latest news from my locality in Baselland, Swizzieland is that new cases are 4 within the last 24 hours, and that the number of cases (number unknown) in neighbouring Basel-Stadt has also dropped. Hopefully, people will keep being careful and this will drop even further. Our next-door neighbour needed some medical attention for a different problem, and we were concerned that the local hospital in Liestal wouldn't be able to handle it. However, it turns out that the local authorities have decided that one particular hospital (Bruderholz) will be the sole hospital handling corona cases, and for the rest it's business as usual.

What are the symptoms of COVI
But last night and today (8th day from symptom onset) things really took off, difficulty breathing and almost passed out after climbing the stairs (I'm approaching 50 and reasonably fit with no other health issues). Spent most of the day deep breathing in the back yard and now feel a bit better.

That's horrible for you. I hope you're well and truly over it.

When you had trouble breathing, did you call 111 or 999? I'd like to know what happened if you did.

743 deaths in Italy today. Up from previous two days but not the exponential curve we were seeing last week. Seems to be flattening - hopefully trending down:

19th - 427
20th - 627
21st - 791
22nd - 653
23rd - 601
24th - 743

Latest news from my locality in Baselland, Swizzieland is that new cases are 4 within the last 24 hours, and that the number of cases (number unknown) in neighbouring Basel-Stadt has also dropped. Hopefully, people will keep being careful and this will drop even further. Our next-door neighbour needed some medical attention for a different problem, and we were concerned that the local hospital in Liestal wouldn't be able to handle it. However, it turns out that the local authorities have decided that one particular hospital (Bruderholz) will be the sole hospital handling corona cases, and for the rest it's business as usual.

That’s very good news. The reason i think i may have had exposure is that a team member at work who i was in direct contact with went down with it last week and is unfortunately very poorly right now. She lives in Alsace which is a hotspot at the moment.

Agreed, and as stated I am very much working on the assumption I have not had it. Not only that but I am working on the assumption that my health is weakened due to whatever I did have, so now is really not a good time to get it. One of the reasons I was so frightened by this early on is I was at the time quite ill and was aware anything this nasty landing on top of what I already had would very likely finish me off! I’m not relaxing or making any assumptions at all until we have all been tested and know the exact score. FWIW I am expecting to be house-bound until there is a vaccine, i.e. far, far longer than the 12 weeks being touted by some. I advise others to do the same.

hence the cautious note of the thread Covid-19 Tally. Trying to separate Flu from CV-19 is hit and miss without a 'I have had a test,' badge.
There are definitely some true Cv-19 diagnosis on pfm though.

My phone has just pinged with one this minute. Still no indication whether I make the official ‘at risk’ list or not though.

I suspect that rather depends on how much your doctor knows about you. Apparently the doctors list is the first port of call for this. There are others picked up from regular prescriptions and then others I forget were mentioned.

On the subject of not questioning the Government in difficult times.

"Anyone who thinks “this is not the time for questions” might note that it was only when the questions rose to fever-pitch over the past few days that Johnson looked nudged to act. Those questions, often from ordinary citizens, were born of true concern and a true sense of duty – on which the government does not have a monopoly. There will be more questions like them in the weeks and months ahead, and anyone trying to tell you they shouldn’t be asked is a grifter. There is more than one way to love your country – and no member of the public should ever surrender the right to question what is in the public interest."

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...n-fight-them-on-the-beaches-churchill-address

Whatever...the virus ain't going away with that twice a day, is it?
Blame the government for still doing nothing for self employed and freelancers! You need support measures in place before you lock down. Both should have happened two weeks ago. I for one have no income. I still have rent, food and bills to pay for.

Is that so? jeez....so it's part of the master plan to kill them off.

TFL claim it is to discourage travel. Hard to understand - I can't imagine anyone travelling during rush hour by choice.

Unions have been making noises since last week that their members are at risk of infection driving tubes.

Blame the government for still doing nothing for self employed and freelancers! You need support measures in place before you lock down. Both should have happened two weeks ago. I for one have no income. I still have rent, food and bills to pay for.
yes clearly....i was not aware London had cut the trams....crazy.

So far, its not a total disaster for me. Online retailing, sales are about 20% down. I think it might go down to 50%, though. so my income will go down by 50%, from virtually fvck all to even less.

Obviously I value my life and health above all but caring for my family and not living on the street come a close second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back