advertisement

Change UK cut in half....

I have only False True Lovers, Adieu to Old England and Lodestar - none on Deram or any if its affiliates, not that it matters.

And from the Telegraph today

1506-MATT-PORTAL-WEB-P1.png

There was an Opinion piece by Owen Jones yesterday that gives a bit of background to Chuka https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/14/chuka-umunna-labour-liberal-democrat-hypocrisy
But what facts have changed about the Lib Dems since 2017? Both Cable and Jo Swinson, the frontrunner to replace him as leader, are unrepentant about the austerity they imposed on the country, and which Umunna all too recently passionately condemned them for. It gets better. At the end of April, a leaked document from Umunna’s Change UK revealed his then-party’s plans to wipe out the Lib Dems as an electoral force. Umunna has gone from seeking to politically extinguish a party to becoming its enthusiastic parliamentary representative in the course of seven weeks.

He's not only been welcomed by his new chums, they've given him a prime job as well! :rolleyes: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/15/chuka-umunna-lib-dem-treasury-spokesman
The leader of the Liberal Democrats, Sir Vince Cable, announced this weekend that he was appointing Umunna as the party’s Treasury and business spokesman.

“Chuka has agreed to work in the Commons with our business and economy team, alongside Susan Kramer and Chris Fox who speak on these issues in the House of Lords,” said Cable. “His experience as shadow business secretary will be invaluable to the party in pursuing our shared values.”

I know her son Bobby Marshall, although I haven't seen him for a long time. He worked with On-U Sounds and Adrian Sherwood.

Jack

Jack, you should really have somebody following you around the forum with a hoover, to pick up all the name drops.

Jack, you should really have somebody following you around the forum with a hoover, to pick up all the name drops.

Why? It's a straightforward fact. I worked as a music journalist when I met Bobby and quoted him in one or two articles. It's interesting that he got involved with experimental reggae and dub, arguably the main form of protest music in the late Seventies and Eighties. In that sense he saw himself as carrying on a family tradition.

Jack

advertisement

Back