advertisement

Change UK cut in half....

JimmyB

pfm Member
Looks like a few have left already....Heidi Allen, Chuka Umunna, Sarah Wollaston, Gavin Shuker and Angela Smith are off to be independent...

LINK

Looks like a few have left already....

Good riddance is all I can say. Now all we have to do is to find a way of getting rid of all 650 members of the house and starting all over; oh yes, that's what they call a general election isn't it?

Good riddance is all I can say. Now all we have to do is to find a way of getting rid of all 650 members of the house and starting all over; oh yes, that's what they call a general election isn't it?

We also need to change the archaic system, civil service and re-think the whole way we do things in this day and age.....

It appears to be only the ugly ones left now. I suspect the more attractive members couldn't bear the failure of the elections.

The Lib Dems and Greens will benefit. One of the more annoying legacies of CUK is they split the centre vote and cost another Green MEP. I can’t remember which region, but it was mentioned on results night. It wouldn’t surprise me if the brighter CUKs didn’t now try and defect with their seats to the LDs, which is what they should have done in the first place really.

There’s a huge appetite for their kind of politics at the moment so I fully expect them to bounce back

Reactions: vuk
Umunna was the one I had some hope for in the Labour Party and I would eventually have tipped him for the top job.

I think he miscalculated the situation completely. Personally I think he bagged on Corbyn loosing his position or at least be severely weakened and him being asked to return to some shadow ministry position in order to be primed for said top job eventually. The man can talk, is likeable in a superficial way, looks presentable, is coloured and kind of trodded the middle line. Broad appeal for many, especially young Labour.

Will they forgive him or will he only be remembered for deserting?

Umunna was the one I had some hope for in the Labour Party and I would eventually have tipped him for the top job.

Do you not remember that he has already tried for this job? and he threw in the towel at the first sign of it being hard work, or the possibility of it bringing his mother into disrepute

I have always voted but I am close to reaching the time where I no longer can be arsed. My wife almost had to frog march me to the polling station for the Euro Elections. The Tories are currently moving the goalposts to stop their own MP’s challenging for the leadership, Farage and his party despite their hatred of the EU will take up their seats and Labour don’t know their arse from their elbow. The Greens and especially the LD do well when middle England wants to complain but will still vote in a dog turd sporting a blue rosette when push come to shove. My MP voted to leave despite the vast majority of his constituents voting to remain. I will no doubt rant more but I am only halfway through my first glass of wine.

Do you not remember that he has already tried for this job? and he threw in the towel at the first sign of it being hard work, or the possibility of it bringing his mother into disrepute

He was too young and inexperienced, still is (quite apart from all the other problems he has created for himself now).

He knew it was a no go and he clearly thought he had no future under a Corbyn dictatorship.

Now he likely has no future under any labour leadership. Probably will end up with the Libs eventually trying to somehow keep an 80k/year plus expenses salary.

Still, I think he should be popular with naive young voters.

He was too young and inexperienced, still is (quite apart from all the other problems he has created for himself now).

He knew it was a no go and he clearly thought he had no future under a Corbyn dictatorship.

Now he likely has no future under any labour leadership. Probably will end up with the Libs eventually trying to somehow keep an 80k/year plus expenses salary.

Still, I think he should be popular with naive young voters.
Umunna was one of the two toxic ones, the other one being Soubry.
Allen and Wollaston will join the LDs, possibly Berger too. Not sure who else has any worthwhile profile and will be remembered beyond the end of June 2019.

Umunna was one of the two toxic ones, the other one being Soubry.
Allen and Wollaston will join the LDs, possibly Berger too. Not sure who else has any worthwhile profile and will be remembered beyond the end of June 2019.

I hope that is an accurate prediction, I think Allen, Wollaston and Berger would be assets to the LDs.

advertisement

Back