advertisement

Change UK cut in half....

Their experiment has failed. they should all join the lib-dems and be done with it. There is no point in splitting the remain vote any longer.

It's enjoyable watching the political commentariat having their noses being rubbed in this on Twitter. Fact is though that they'll continue as if nothing had happened, as they always do. Pundits bear a lot of the responsibility for the sheer awfulness of political debate in the UK. In fact they're almost wholly responsible for Change UK itself: if it hadn't been for no-nothing commentators constantly talking up the need for a party of inept technocratic centrists, as well as the political abilities of proven failures like Umunna, these clowns might have been able to keep their entirely unearned self-regard in check. Are the broadsheets and remain blogs going to stop talking up the need for a party of inept technocratic centrists? No they are not.

Chuka Umunna constituents voted for him based on a Labour manifesto and Jeremy Corbyn as leader. They did not vote for LibDem manifesto or to endorse Vince Cable as leader. Chuka must now call a by-election and allow people to decide who they want to represent them.

https://twitter.com/Muqadaam/status/1137675779712651264?s=20

And I expect this is what the slippery **** will do now, hoping remainers get him elected.

Ha ha. I wonder if he will stand for the leadership? Is it too late for him to stand?

Wasn’t he the one who authored the leaked change UK document recommending an adversarial approach to the Lib Dems?

Most voters vote for a party rather than a candidate so I don't think it's acceptable for an MP to flip from one party to another without it being put to the electorate, although it seems very rare that they do. Umunna no longer represents those that voted him in (68.5% of the vote was for Labour), and in fact we're now in the situation that the LibDem's only got 6.5% of the vote in that constituency but now have the MP.

I was expecting this and it gives the Libs another seat for a while. I was hoping they’d pick up Heidi Allen and Lucinda Berger too. You can keep Anna Soubry though!

Doesn’t this just sum up the LibDems perfectly. They’ve acquired a vacuous, slimy, unprincipled Labour defector and they see it as a good thing.

To make it worse they’ll be looking round now for a seat that Chuckup can win because he sure as hell wouldn’t win the seat he won on a Labour ticket.

Yeah, but the Libs got Chukka, one of the most popular Labour MPs, and you are still stuck with junk like Hoey, Mann, McCluskey etc!

He was never one of the most popular Labour MPs - except amongst Lib Dem voters it seems! You're not the first one I've met to have waxed lyrical. He's home now, I guess. And it's a matter of days or weeks, I imagine, before he starts ____ing the bed, pulling sockets out of the walls, and calling his mates in the media to come and report on the mess. If he can make it to the end of today without briefing against the leadership and the current candidates I'll be impressed with his new-found restraint.

Good luck!

:)

One of the slimiest, most slippery career-ladder-climbing moral-free political prostitutes of them all, going to the most duplicitous, slippery and morally defunct party.

A perfect match!

Yeah, but the Libs got Chukka, one of the most popular Labour MPs, and you are still stuck with junk like Hoey, Mann, McCluskey etc!
Good! Chukka should fit right in the no-integrity Party until he joins some other minor outfit....

Popular? Not with any Labour supporter I've ever known so I'd suggest you need to get out more.

Chukka is unprincipled, arrogant, lightweight and easily bought. He'll fit in well with your lot.

I'm assuming Chukka is on page 1 of Corbynista's list of things they must hate, which they get given in their bag of opinions*.

He might even rank above Israel.

But below Jess Phillips.

* I mean, surely they get a list so they can all think the same things?

Chuka wasn't in the running to lead Labour, he wasn't even good enough for Tinge.

Vince is retiring, the LibWits need a new leader, both their supporters will forget all the stuff he's said about them.
Umunna for LibWit leader, a match made in heaven (or the Grauniad).

advertisement

Back