advertisement

Busker

You would like it to be so and if you make enough braying noises it may become true.

Remember the silent majority as shown by a couple of polls. They are silent because of the noise made by the likes of you.

Steve as you make more noise than arthur it is more you who put off the silent majority with your humble opinions (alledgedly but not stated) and answer for everything Stevie Wonder sang 'he's Mr ......'

Remember the busker. Shall we clad the tunnel walls?

No of course not. But consider this - you liked the sound of the clarinet being payed in the tunnel. Fine.

Now imagine you've taken a recording of this and want to enjoy it at home - you'll want your room to interact as little as possible with the recording so that you get the ambience of the clarinet in the tunnel. If your room has acoustics like a tunnel itself, for example, then it will sound like you're playing a recording of a clarinet in a tunnel in another tunnel and the result will be disastrous! If your room had the characteristics of a tunnel then you'd need a recording of a clarinet in an anechoic chamber to get the right result.

No of course not. But consider this - you liked the sound of the clarinet being payed in the tunnel. Fine.

Now imagine you've taken a recording of this and want to enjoy it at home - you'll want your room to interact as little as possible with the recording so that you get the ambience of the clarinet in the tunnel. If your room has acoustics like a tunnel itself, for example, then it will sound like you're playing a recording of a clarinet in a tunnel in another tunnel and the result will be disastrous! If your room had the characteristics of a tunnel then you'd need a recording of a clarinet in an anechoic chamber to get the right result.

I just want the clarinet. I'm not bothered about the tunnel.

I just want the clarinet. I'm not bothered about the tunnel.

eh! the room is part of the recording as is the instrument and the musician and the composer and the microphones and the desk and the engineer and the........anyway you get the point....

if you want a hi fi to replay the music pure and simple, you have to have the whole lot....

I heard a brass band in Lincoln cathedral it sounded very bad the reverbrance was far too long everything sounded muddled, later the choir where singing and it sounded right.

Do you thing room treatment would make the brass band sound o/k?

Pete

I suspect the busker had learned how to use the acoustics of the tube station to his advantage. Sort of like multitracking.

Hole in one Adam.

I suspect the busker had learned how to use the acoustics of the tube station to his advantage. Sort of like multitracking.

Singing in the bathroom effect.

Bad Karaoke singers always sound much better with lots of reverb applied.

This is at least the second time you've posted this in 24 hours. Where did you get this incorrect idea from, and why do you keep waving it around?

Where do you get the idea that the idea is incorrect?

I can see an appeal-to-authority fallacy in your post.

Ok STeven.

Where did you get this information?

I suspect you made it up, simply that.

I suspect you always do.

You know of course the word suspect is me being polite.

You are desperate. If you make an extraordinary (fallacious) claim, it is up to you to back it up.

Was it Larry who fed you this one?

I don't get the original post. Steven heard someone playing music and it sounded good, therefore he does not need room treatment?

You are desperate. If you make an extraordinary (fallacious) claim, it is up to you to back it up.

Was it Larry who fed you this one?

No. It is based on subjective experience and observation. You are playing the barrack room lawyer dictating where the burden of proof lies.

Before you start, the claims are neither wild nor extraordinary but they come from a lack of need on my part for absolute proof.

You still have not provided any evidence of any Mana Effect btw and yet have spent thousands on the stuff so there is more than a whiff of hypocrisy here.

I don't get the original post. Steven heard someone playing music and it sounded good, therefore he does not need room treatment?

The above summary is somewhat potted and the logical progression has a few bits missing.

advertisement

Back