advertisement

Bristol Hifi Show 24to to 26th Feb 2023

I am probably more interested in Headfi this year. Very happy with my Hifi's and if I change anything it would only be to go active again and only with the Genelec's I have listened to plus ADI RMD 2 DAC.

Still, very much looking forward to go to a show again.

The two rooms where I spent most time in 2020 were Rega and Definitive Audio. Rega were playing their modest System One and Definitive had a cost no object Kuzma / SJS valve / LV Auditorium rig playing. Definitive are not showing this year and I wonder if Rega will play it safe with One again ?

Definitive aren't at Bristol but will be at Whittlebury in March. First public demo of the new R80 speaker, not sure their previous fairly dinky room at Bristol would accommodate these.

London Head-Fi this year, if I go to any shows at all. As I've got family in Bristol it's a bit of a missed opportunity but I thought the 2020 show was a bit "meh" and, as I've just got through a Covid infection I don't want to risk being in close contact with too many people.

I've upgraded from "considering heading up" to "am now definitely heading up" on Saturday.

I'll be the one wandering around alone in a "my first hifi show" daze.
I am the opposite. Always enjoyed Bristol (and the show!) so was considering it again but a week in the sun with delightful company won me over.
I am sure you will enjoy it.

Does anyone know which buses stop at the Temple Way/Old Market roundabout near the hotel? I'm going to park a few miles away and use my long-awaited bus pass (hurrah!)

Just seen the floor plans.

Have to say it looks really disappointing compared with previous years.

I remember the days of several more floors with rooms on both sides of the corridor in use by exhibitors rather than just one side.

I was considering coming for a couple or three days but there just doesn't seem to be enough there to justify more than a day really, and it's a bloody long way to go just for the day.

Just noticed that the LP guy who always had a stall at the end of the first part of the foyer (opposite the rack companies) has now gone....

Does anyone know which buses stop at the Temple Way/Old Market roundabout near the hotel? I'm going to park a few miles away and use my long-awaited bus pass (hurrah!)

Temple Way - Google Maps

Click on the above Link...

Place mouse pointer on the little blue bus squares, they will show the bus or park n ride numbers or direction of travel.

Hope this helps?

Which hotels are any good?

I'm looking at the Holiday Inn express at about GBP100 per night and a place a bit further out called the Jays at GBP50 per night.

I'm probably going to drive since at GPB110 the return rail fare is more expensive than the petrol so the place has to have parking.

I also want breakfast so none of these airbnb things where you just get a room please!

Novatel i think .cost about 128 inc brekkie .probably cheaper but last time i got lost trying to find one .so this time its on the doorstep of rail station

Rail fare was 21 from bristol to brum single with railcard .i always use rail its pretty good vfm with a railcard

Looked at that but very expensive for the Saturday night. Seems to be a common theme in the central hotels.

I've stayed at the premier inn on previous visits but the asking price is ludicrous this time.

advertisement

Back