advertisement

Bristol Hifi Show 24to to 26th Feb 2023

Hi, just had a look on trainline, from Nottingham to Bristol, day return, £90, first class £233, no wonder no-one is using them, unless you have to, Jesus:eek::eek::eek:

Not sure I’d bother going to a HiFi show to sit in that hotel bar. Loads of great pubs in the vicinity, especially if like me you enjoy quality real ale.
Don’t drink real ale so no point going to another bar/pub when there’s one there that’ll do just fine.

..& Pieminister for food ... several outlets are available. Or St Nick's Market for great variety - just a short walk away through Castle park; & across the footbridge about 250m from the Left Handed Giant

Don't think I'll be doing any actual drinking during the show. Tried that once and found it impaired both my judgement and enjoyment.

Afterwards though .......

I’ve only ever been to the Ascot show - and Bristol is nearer to me. However despite all those exhibitors, two of my favourites aren’t there so will give it a miss (Boenicke and Kudos)

Hi, just had a look on trainline, from Nottingham to Bristol, day return, £90, first class £233, no wonder no-one is using them, unless you have to, Jesus:eek::eek::eek:

Well if you drove down how much would petrol and parking cost you?

You must be well over one tankful from Nottingham surely?

Don't think I'll be doing any actual drinking during the show. Tried that once and found it impaired both my judgement and enjoyment.

Afterwards though .......

Nah - last time I & some friends - three or four of whom post here - 'went' to the Bristol show ... Actually we just went drinking in Bristol, by mutual consent to entirely-deliberately-avoid the show and skip ahead to the good bit - enjoying each others company at a safe distance (c. a mile away)

A couple of immediate 'Show' review impressions were that we'd not be missing much - rampant bloody dinosaurs stomping loudly in AV rooms with subwoofers; smelly weird people everywhere else - so in fact, could not care less.

Thus we ordered more drinks. A lot more. Best Bristol Show, evah.

DSCF0217_800px.jpg

Ah but I'm single so I don't actually need an excuse to go out drinking all day. I can do that much more cheaply by not going to Bristol!

I've just been checking out hotel prices:eek:

Cheaper to do a "Ryan Air" to Prague or somesuch!

I’ve only ever been to the Ascot show - and Bristol is nearer to me. However despite all those exhibitors, two of my favourites aren’t there so will give it a miss (Boenicke and Kudos)
I would be staggered if kudos not there somewhere. Put money on it. They are always there

Well if you drove down how much would petrol and parking cost you?

You must be well over one tankful from Nottingham surely?
Parking is free for me, the hotel we stay at (which is just behind the Marriott) give you free parking at Cabbot Circus for the duration of your stay. Avoid parking in the NCP next to Marriott, it’s like £18 per day.

Nah - last time I & some friends - three or four of whom post here - 'went' to the Bristol show ... Actually we just went drinking in Bristol, by mutual consent to entirely-deliberately-avoid the show and skip ahead to the good bit - enjoying each others company at a safe distance (c. a mile away)

A couple of immediate 'Show' review impressions were that we'd not be missing much - rampant bloody dinosaurs stomping loudly in AV rooms with subwoofers; smelly weird people everywhere else - so in fact, could not care less.

Thus we ordered more drinks. A lot more. Best Bristol Show, evah.

DSCF0217_800px.jpg
I will have a shower before I go this time, promise

kudos said they are not attending this year but their speakers will be in several rooms

they also said they will reveal which rooms nearer the date

Last edited:

advertisement

Back