advertisement

Bristol Hifi Show 24to to 26th Feb 2023

For those travelling down on M4 there’s been an accident between j16 and 17 and road closed. Haven’t moved for 45 minutes. Have to pick my daughter up from school at 4.30 in Winchester so looks like I’m not going to make it…

edit 1207 - now cleared

I like the white 6, but looks like the edges of the skeletal plinth of the 8 and 10 are black. Not sure that’s what I expected, would be good to see some more pictures

Rega Naia (hopefully this is allowed here): (from Hifi Gear (@HiFiGear) / Twitter)
FpvX_AsXgAEXOEf

FpvYZnmXgAAV0za

FpvYtYxXsAA0e9M

FpvYuUpXEAAntrJ

Will try to post mine when back home.
The white looks really good imho
Disappointed not to hear the naia though.
Mixed bag overall though.

Just got back home. Arrived at 10.30 and there was a short queue. As per usual went to the highest floor first. But I could hardly get into any of the rooms, most were pretty packed. Didn’t enjoy the first hour or so at all but it thinned out a bit around lunchtime, and enjoyed a few of the rooms very much, Neat excellent as ever.
Usual thing of too many people talking too loudly over the music in the rooms and blocking the corridors making idle chat.
First went in 1988 and I still recognise and chat to many of the sales staff, journalists and punters from that era! It’s like a cosy club with lots of grey hair :D

So Rega is going to charge 12k for the Naia but still have the foam exposed on the plinth? Hard pass. Same reason why I don’t care for the P8 or P10. Not sure why they won’t enclose the foam completely. It just looks so cheap and will clearly not last over the long haul, as that foam will eventually break down.

Sadly, I am away in warmer climes :)Did anyone go into the Lockwood room? Wondering if they were showing their new Dual Concentric drive units to replace Tannoys?

advertisement

Back