advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes couldn't agree more. This is what a lot of this thread was about. Pages and pages of it! Mandate at best was for a soft Brexit. That was ignored. But even though it was being ignored the public still bought a tough hard approach and gave Bojo his huge majority.

Reams of pages took the view that people just were fed up and wanted it done. But these polls show that there is still a dedicated rump nearly 50% who for myriad reasons primarily a hatred of all things Europe are still in for the long haul.
That’s right there’s still a hard core of furious white pensioners and others to whom Boris and Nigel Farage are heroes for getting Brexit dun and stopping foreigners comin in.
It’s going to take even more destruction of the economy and the nhs for the the message to get through to them but like their fellow Trump supporters in America, they are capable of living in an exclusive fantasy world. If Johnson called a snap election tomorrow, they’d still vote for the incompetent thieving twat.

That’s right there’s still a hard core of furious white pensioners and others to whom Boris and Nigel Farage are heroes for getting Brexit dun and stopping foreigners comin in.
It’s going to take even more destruction of the economy and the nhs for the the message to get through to them but like their fellow Trump supporters in America, they are capable of living in an exclusive fantasy world. If Johnson called a snap election tomorrow, they’d still vote for the incompetent thieving twat.

A lot of them are going to have to die off before the UK will make a significant reversal. We're talking a decade or more unfortunately.

Everyone’s essentially waiting for HM Govt Brexit Britain to implode. Even then it may prove to be a lingering death. America is a bad harbinger.

That would be like conflating the EU with the UK's membership of it. Nobody does that, do they?

I don't entirely follow, but either way you'd best speak to him about it, not me.

I'm afraid the EU would be daft to have us back. Fractious and constantly demanding special treatment in the form of opt-outs.... got given them and yet still spat the dummy out of the pram.

Perhaps that tells you that, having been quite closely involved with one empire, we're just done with empires.

Indeed. Who can have missed the stirring sight of the EU’s elite legions, their eagle standards fluttering in the breeze, as they March along the EU highways to conquer new territories. The EU emperor sits on his golden throne, as the enslaved troops of outlying rebel lands are paraded past him in chains, on their way to work in the salt mines of Strasbourg.

I think empires have moved on a bit since then. Don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of slavery, but it's carefully concealed behind 'workers rights' legislation and 'free movement' dogma. And other carefully crafted forms of obfuscation.

More likely to be the meat packing factories of Germany that salt mines in Strasbourg, but you're on the right loop.

So who’s the emperor then? To be honest, without gaudy uniforms and massive armies, it’s not really an empire, is it?

More likely to be the meat packing factories of Germany that salt mines in Strasbourg, but you're on the right loop.
And these are actual slaves? They’re the property of their employers? They can be forced to fight wild animals in the Amphitheatre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back