advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is like Brexit was a meteor from outer space that hit middle England and obliterated everything good. No fault of anyone. Make the best of it.

The bit in bold made me pause for a moment. Essentially, what you are arguing* is that:

"if only the EU wasn't behaving in the way that I've criticised for years, this could be sorted"

That's a bit of an odd position. If the EU didn't behave as you say, you'd not have wanted to leave, surely? But you expect/require it to behave differently now? Out of remorse for driving us away, perhaps?

*I'm not endorsing or agreeing, just summarising

Re: the bold bit, think he's got Boris and the EU mixed up.

So, the brain-dead rock of EU fundamentalism progresses at rapidly accelerating speed towards the very hard place of bone-headed Irish sectarianism, but that's just fine with Steve S1, as long as no 'international' (aka EU) laws are compromised.
Don’t try and export responsibility for N.Ireland. Johnson and the Tory Party were repeatedly warned what would happen. Northern Ireland was the powder keg waiting to blow first. The majority of its population voted to remain in the EU and Johnson did the very thing his party said no British Prime Minister would do. In a matter of weeks, the population of Scotland gives its verdict on his misrule.

Don’t try and export responsibility for N.Ireland. Johnson and the Tory Party were repeatedly warned what would happen. Northern Ireland was the powder keg waiting to blow first. The majority of its population voted to remain in the EU and Johnson did the very thing his party said no British Prime Minister would do. In a matter of weeks, the population of Scotland gives its verdict on his misrule.

Sure, BJ shouldn't have signed it, but we wouldn't have had a trade deal now. Clement Beaune admitted to the French Parliament that no trade deal would definitely have meant curtains for the EU. The deal they gave us means curtains for the UK. The opportunity was there, and he ducked it. He and Gove grabbed the reins from Frost at the last moment, and threw the fishers, the farmers, the city, the N Irish and the UK to the dogs.

I'm afraid we've all lost.

So, the brain-dead rock of EU fundamentalism progresses at rapidly accelerating speed towards the very hard place of bone-headed Irish sectarianism, but that's just fine with Steve S1, as long as no 'international' (aka EU) laws are compromised.

No it's not fine with me, nor is a bunch of liars pretending that this was not a huge risk. You could say exactly the same for the brain-dead desire to diverge from the SM/CU at any cost and for no good reason.

We have indeed.

Last edited:
Sure, BJ shouldn't have signed it, but we wouldn't have had a trade deal now. Clement Beaune admitted to the French Parliament that no trade deal would definitely have meant curtains for the EU. The deal they gave us means curtains for the UK. The opportunity was there, and he ducked it. He and Gove grabbed the reins from Frost at the last moment, and threw the fishers, the farmers, the city, the N Irish and the UK to the dogs.

How would No Deal have been better ?

All the totally predictable (and predicted) result of insisting the UK leave the CU as well as the EU.

It can only be a matter of time before some adenoidal airhead writes in The Spectator or Telegraph that the violence has nothing to do with Brexit and that Boris is the Life of The Nation,

8Sd5bL5.jpg

Brandon Lewis, the Northern Ireland secretary, has acknowledged that Brexit has caused problems for the region - while stressing that violence is unacceptable. He said the Brexit deal was not just causing difficulties for consumers, but for loyalists and unionists in more general terms.

Of all the people for a Tory Prime Minister to slap in the face - the Loyal Unionists of Ulster. What reward loyalty?

That is not true. The vote was close and the UK should have gone for customs union based on the result. ERG, Bojo and the rest prevented that happening and you ended up with the mess that is there now. This is close to what the ERG wanted. They actually wanted worse. The UK sleep walked into this mess by voting for this Tory government.

That is not true. The vote was close and the UK should have gone for customs union based on the result. ERG, Bojo and the rest prevented that happening and you ended up with the mess that is there now. This is close to what the ERG wanted. They actually wanted worse. The UK sleep walked into this mess by voting for this Tory government.
You know, they didn't sleepwalk into it, they were wide awake. The sentiment in the bits of England I live and work in was "we've voted out, we want out. That's out, O-U -T out. If that means hard Brexit, then so be it." I heard this more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back