advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to someone that agreed upto the vaccine Johnson and Co had made a mess up of COVID and he agreed. I said it’s just like the bulls up with Brexit and his reply was that we are finally free of the EU now so doesn’t matter.

How would No Deal have been better ?

According to Clement Beaune it would have led inevitably to the collapse of the European Union.

I'm afraid, the more so in the light of recent events, that I think that would have been a result worth no deal.

According to Clement Beaune it would have led inevitably to the collapse of the European Union.

I'm afraid, the more so in the light of recent events, that I think that would have been a result worth no deal.

This makes me think of comments on here that EV is one of the more thoughtful and considered leavers, but then the mask slips and he posts toxic and frankly horrible comments like that.

It's MEGA extremism.

You know, they didn't sleepwalk into it, they were wide awake. The sentiment in the bits of England I live and work in was "we've voted out, we want out. That's out, O-U -T out. If that means hard Brexit, then so be it." I heard this more than once.

Have no doubt Steve that is a huge part of the reality also of this miserable situation. To me it would be doubtful those people had any idea of what a hard Brexit actually meant. I harboured delusions that young voters would have made a positive difference at the last election. That did not come to pass. If the opposition parties between them got close to parity with the Tories that would even have been enough to prevent the shxt show that now prevails.

It is plain to any sensible person that covid is hiding the true mess of Brexit but sadly I see no change emerging to tackle those who are in power. Covid seems to have neutered parliament also.

Most morons are still waiting for the straight bananas in the shops and the repatriation of all dark hued peoples.

Most morons are still waiting for the straight bananas in the shops and the repatriation of all dark hued peoples.

Animals in captivity often throw shit from stress and exasperation, a lot of people in deprived areas may have felt the same way and maybe that’s why they still like Boris because they feel he let them vent their frustration, still once they stray from blaming foreigners they will find out exactly how much he cares for them.

This makes me think of comments on here that EV is one of the more thoughtful and considered leavers, but then the mask slips and he posts toxic and frankly horrible comments like that.

It's MEGA extremism.

Aaw, Nick, you do love the EU, don't you.

I'm sorry, I think you're going to take this hard, but I have to break it to you that the EU doesn't love you. It's worse, I'm afraid, it doesn't GaF about you. You know how it feels when someone you have loved, and who you thought loved you, and then you find out it was a sort of lie. Well the EU doesn't GaF about you, about the Scottish clam and langoustine fishers who still love it, and who they thought it loved them, nor the Scarborough cockle pickers, the Cornish crab fishers, the Mersea and Fal oystermen, the South Coast mussel growers, the Welsh hill sheep farmers, the wonderful artisan cheese makers who wowed continental buyers with the beauty and originality of their produce, or the little artisan chocolatieres who have made waves on the continent with their fair trade derived wonders. It doesn't GaF about Irish sentiments, about the Belfast Agreement that it broke, and then broke again for good measure. It doesn't GaF about French and Belgian bivalve mollusc processors, with their established business models, sources of supply and clientele, or for the thousands of family-owned wine and food producers for whom the UK is prime market. It couldn't give a toss about the seas that the CFP rapes with virtual abandon, nor the West African coastal regions who fall prey to the EU's bribes and then watch their own canning and processing industries die a thousand deaths through lack of resource. It doesn't GaF about Greek pensioners or Italian savers, or Spanish school leavers. It doesn't GaF about the people who die from its disastrous annexation of the European vaccine rollout, and its vindictive spite over the UK's relative success. It really doesn't. GaF.

It gives not AF about the in-house lies perpetuated by the powerful auto-industry lobby, nor the breeches of international law perpetuated by itself, and by its showcase corporations. It doesn't GaF about minorities, or workers rights, or the 'rule of law' when it applies to itself, nor international treaty. It gives AF about French and German bankers, about its own closely guarded insiders, the Mario's and the Joseps, the Ursulas, the Jean-Claudes, Michels, Leos, Kinnocks, Selmayrs, Verhofstadts, the multipresidents and brain dead functionaries.

And so it goes on, and on, and on.

But it still doesn't GaF about you, nor about your undying, blind, pathetic, beseeching, suckling love for it.

The EU is not cuddly, or benign, or nice.

It doesn't GaF about the Nicks, the Steves, the Sues or even the fawning Decs.

The EU cares about POWER, and about the ideology that power allows.

I'm sorry, I think you're going to take this hard, but I have to break it to you that the EU doesn't love you. It's worse, I'm afraid, it doesn't GaF about you. You know how it feels when someone you have loved, and who you thought loved you, and then you find out it was a sort of lie. Well the EU doesn't GaF about you, about the Scottish clam and langoustine fishers who still love it, and who they thought it loved them, nor the Scarborough cockle pickers, the Cornish crab fishers, the Mersea and Fal oystermen, the South Coast mussel growers, the Welsh hill sheep farmers, the wonderful artisan cheese makers who wowed continental buyers with the beauty and originality of their produce, or the little artisan chocolatieres who have made waves on the continent with their fair trade derived wonders. It doesn't GaF about Irish sentiments, about the Belfast Agreement that it broke, and then broke again for good measure. It doesn't GaF about French and Belgian bivalve mollusc processors, with their established business models, sources of supply and clientele, or for the thousands of family-owned wine and food producers for whom the UK is prime market. It couldn't give a toss about the seas that the CFP rapes with virtual abandon, nor the West African coastal regions who fall prey to the EU's bribes and then watch their own canning and processing industries die a thousand deaths through lack of resource. It doesn't GaF about Greek pensioners or Italian savers, or Spanish school leavers. It doesn't GaF about the people who die from its disastrous annexation of the European vaccine rollout, and its vindictive spite over the UK's relative success. It really doesn't. GaF.

It gives not AF about the in-house lies perpetuated by the powerful auto-industry lobby, nor the breeches of international law perpetuated by itself, and by its showcase corporations. It doesn't GaF about minorities, or workers rights, or the 'rule of law' when it applies to itself, nor international treaty. It gives AF about French and German bankers, about its own closely guarded insiders, the Mario's and the Joseps, the Ursulas, the Jean-Claudes, Michels, Leos, Kinnocks, Selmayrs, Verhofstadts, the multipresidents and brain dead functionaries.

But it still doesn't GaF about you, nor about your undying, blind, pathetic, beseeching, suckling love for it.

Smart-Quotes-46518-statusmind.com.jpg

And the current UK Ruling Party that Gorritdun (despite a clearly polarising and damaging split on the wisdom of the move across the electorate) differs..how exactly ?

And the current UK Govt that Gorritdun, differs..how exactly ?

Indeed. Gotta love the hypocrisy and the way the narrative gets twisted to "others love for the EU", when the question was whether the UK would benefit from leaving the EU risking costly disruption, a reduced economy and fewer individual freedoms for no benefit that was visible to the naked eye. I think the answer is more accurately revealed by the incoherent rant, must be a good wine tasting at the Harlow Conservative club.

Last edited:
Now water canon is being used on Her Majesty’s subjects. A weapon reserved exclusively for one part of the U.K. like the rubber bullets the police are threatening to use tonight.

^ "You're part of the new independent UK lads. This is for your own good, your lot voted for this dont forget. We've taken back Control, just like you wanted, so Trust Us " :)

Aww, you forgot the Greek fishermen and Scottish pensioners.

Oh, come on now, you can only cover so many fishermen and pensioners in one incoherent rant!

And the current UK Ruling Party that Gorritdun (despite a clearly polarising and damaging split on the wisdom of the move across the electorate) differs..how exactly ?

In that you and I can sack it!

Well true, except strictly speaking you can, I can't. We have our own lot to deal with here.

Mind you, you lot did manage to sack the EU, to all intents and purposes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back