advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... X

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Assault on Truth by Peter Oborne review – Boris Johnson's lies

As Davies writes, "The book it most reminded me of was Christopher Hitchens’s The Trial of Henry Kissinger. In a sane world it would be a political obituary."

I believe that Tory voters are so infected with the Brexit blindness they don't seem to have noticed that their party is now a Trumpian version of UKIP.

With a charlatan and a liar at the helm. Or a "nasty piece of work" (un-denied) —as Eddie Mair has it after Johnson was caught out trying to persuade a friend to beat someone up.

Stephen

I should think he was fed up of being patronised by the nothing if not haughty Michel Barnier.
Have you seen the two of them next to each other? One of them looks like an overweight area sales manager for a discount white goods outlet.

0TQ66If.jpg

-it’s all of a piece. ‘Dr. von der Leyen, there’s two men outside- they say they have an appointment’.

Patronising is patronising in any language, but I agree, haughty does come across better in French.

Yes of course. Barnier didn't ask for any of this and had a cheek to expect plans, ideas and competence from those who did. That makes him "patronising" does it?

Meanwhile did you get anywhere with this.....

Can you elaborate on this 'fabricated' idea. Do you have any examples of an external EU border that operates like you state where there is not a Customs Union or SM membership involved?

Yes of course. Barnier didn't ask for any of this and had a cheek to expect plans, ideas and competence from those who did. That makes him "patronising" does it?

Meanwhile did you get anywhere with this.....

That's the quintessential Tory, Brexiteers method of dealing with a question that will necessitate accepting a fact. It has taken Bojo to the top.

That's the quintessential Tory, Brexiteers method of dealing with a question that will necessitate accepting a fact. It has taken Bojo to the top.

How does it feel to be thrown under the old EU bus again, tone, and so quickly too? I understand the Ursula's inspired diktat bypassed both the UK and your own government.

Anyway, all is OK, BJ and Micheal were quickly on the phone, and Josep has explained to his boss that there's no need to be so rash as to offer your resignation, even if, you know, it gets to the point that you receive a criminal sanction and a 30 grand fine for a little old fashioned insider dealing, or something along those lines.

How does it feel to be thrown under the old EU bus again, tone, and so quickly too? I understand the Ursula's inspired diktat bypassed both the UK and your own government.

Anyway, all is OK, BJ and Micheal were quickly on the phone, and Josep has explained to his boss that there's no need to be so rash as to offer your resignation, even if, you know, it gets to the point that you receive a criminal sanction and a 30 grand fine for a little old fashioned insider dealing, or something along those lines.

The bus will always be the preserve of the Brexiteer. How to fool a Brexiteer? Drive a red bus around the country with a heavy bloke with flowing ruffled blonde hair spouting platitudes.
Unlike yourself I freely admit the EU action last Friday was very poor. But don't worry at all, Gove will squander the political capital by behaving in the usual etonian manner.

Just as Ireland was always under the cosh by our larger friends in the UK it is probably best you accept your similar ultimate fate with your bigger EU 'friends'

Let he who has not sinned in the political arena cast the first stone on the corruption card. That is a speciality of politicians and the UK are well up the league table in that sport. Mind you we have been spectacularly good in that field also over the years.

Just a small correction, I don't think the surreally odd Gove went to Eton. Some private establishment for the sons of Aberdeen fishmongers.

He wasn’t born either, he was pulled up in a fishing net. The most dangerous right wing politician in Britain, by some distance.

Have you seen the two of them next to each other? One of them looks like an overweight area sales manager for a discount white goods outlet.

0TQ66If.jpg

-it’s all of a piece. ‘Dr. von der Leyen, there’s two men outside- they say they have an appointment’.
Boris was elected on a pledge of 'Get Brexit Done', not to be slimmer of the year.

He wasn’t born either, he was pulled up in a fishing net. The most dangerous right wing politician in Britain, by some distance.
I see Jeff's reporting of LSE projections for Scotland post independence was ahead of The Times, who reported it today in less detail. As queen Nicola once said 'most economies have a deficit'.

Boris was elected on a pledge of 'Get Brexit Done', not to be slimmer of the year.
Can't he afford to get a suit that at least fits? I get it, if it's a one-off for a funeral or court, especially if you are going down for a stretch, you'll go the £50 polyester number in Asda, but Boris wears his every day. I thought he had some sort of duty to promote British business, doesn't say much for British tailoring or clothing manufacture, does it? Oh, hang on, he was elected to "f*** business", wasn't he? On you go Boris. I've got an old suit you can have, that won't fit you either.

Can't he afford to get a suit that at least fits? I get it, if it's a one-off for a funeral or court, especially if you are going down for a stretch, you'll go the £50 polyester number in Asda, but Boris wears his every day. I thought he had some sort of duty to promote British business, doesn't say much for British tailoring or clothing manufacture, does it? Oh, hang on, he was elected to "f*** business", wasn't he? On you go Boris. I've got an old suit you can have, that won't fit you either.
It’s actually cultivated. As one journalist observed- he even took time to mess his hair up before coming to the lectern to announce the latest death toll. There’s something of Savile about him- in the drawing of attention through bizarre appearance, the inappropriate appellation for a Prime Minister: not Johnson or Boris Johnson but ‘Boris’.

Then there’s the behaviour: the compulsive lying, fleeing the marital home for his mistress’s flat and the drunken shouting, the Easy Jet flight in only the clothes he stood up in to an ex-KGB officer’s bunga bunga party in Italy when he was Her Majesty’s Secretary of State for Foreign and Comminwealth Affairs. The FCO Permanent Secretary virtually having to evict him from Carlton Gardens, the lavish gifts of public money to an American pole dancer. I could go on but I think you get the picture.

cKukA6q.jpg

“The passenger, who asked to remain anonymous, said he was standing in the queue to go through security when he realised the scruffy man “shuffling along” in front of him was Johnson, who was clutching a thick book about war strategy”.

“It was a surprise to see him. There was nobody with him and he didn’t appear to have any luggage,” said the source. “He was such a mess. He was quite dishevelled and his trousers were twisted and creased. He looked like he had slept in his clothes.”

Johnson was recognised by other British and Italian travellers, some of whom asked for selfies, before he retreated into a corner of the departure lounge to snooze.

The UK’s most senior diplomat was later overheard telling another passenger that he had had “a heavy night” and that he had been visiting friends”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back