advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The toys thrown out of the pram and a hissy fit. Well if you do have any ideas on how the Federal European superstate, which is crossing a few countries red lines, will survive i would be interested.
Are you concerned for their future or gloating about their imminent demise?

Are you concerned for their future or gloating about their imminent demise?
Nothing to gloat about, their future is our future as trading partners; hopefully they will bin off the Federal aspirations before they lose more members that make a net contribution.

The toys thrown out of the pram and a hissy fit. Well if you do have any ideas on how the Federal European superstate, which is crossing a few countries red lines, will survive i would be interested.
Check the thread title. You don’t live in the EU or the U.S for that matter. Where do you think this is going to get us?-

vZbO4VL.jpg

Ok...
It might not be perfect but it is light-years better in EVERY WAY than what we are having foisted on us in its place by billionaires and disaster capitalists.

Couldn't you just give us the benefit of your opinion, rather than faffing around with all these definitives? :)

Ive seen nothing in your posting history to indicate you are interested in, or capable of understanding, any viewpoint that doesn’t conform to your peculiar, narrow minded and financially focussed worldview. I have better things to do.

Interesting that you should put it like that. Virtually the entire cont. remain case revolves around the narrow financials.

Interesting that you should put it like that. Virtually the entire cont. remain case revolves around the narrow financials.

Do we pay for the non narrow benefit of living in a civilised country with shirt buttons? Before deciding that the 'narrow financials' are somehow irrelevent, it might pay to have a look at what that costs. Obviously this isn't a concern for those driving Brexit but others might begin to notice. Never mind, plenty of cover now.

As this thead's title doesn't seem to be delivering anything by way of benefits to the UK, let's see how the Remainer scaremongering is doing...

Border down the Irish sea? Tick.
Labour shortages for UK food production? Tick.
Lowering of food standards to accommodate desperate pleas to US for trade? Tick.
Nissan's Sunderland plant will have no future without free access to SM? Tick.

Blue Passports - because that's all you're worth*

*apologies to L’Oreal Paris.

As this thead's title doesn't seem to be delivering anything by way of benefits to the UK, let's see how the Remainer scaremongering is doing...

Lowering of food standards to accommodate desperate pleas to US for trade? Tick.

What price democracy
https://twitter.com/i/status/1176482968908566528

That was called project fear by leavers not that long ago, I wonder if it's been rebranded?

Couldn't you just give us the benefit of your opinion, rather than faffing around with all these definitives? :)

No it's also about our integrity and how the rest of the world sees us. The appalling way the government has conducted Brexit will have tarnished the UK's reputation badly. Since then the government have also handled the COVID-19 pandemic even more incompetently than I think many of us could have imagined, leaving us with the highest death rate in Europe.

I think quite a few countries think we (like the US) are turning into a basket case.

More old news Col, lame. But the answer to "what price" is to ask all those who were told there wouldn't be any price.
The people in Sedgefield and Blyth who voted Tory for the first time in living memory would have had little doubt of the price to pay; they had been fed a Remainer diet for several years.

What about freedom of movement, security co-operation, easy access to skilled and unskilled labour, the age demographic/birthrate and not being seen as a complete laughing stock by the rest of the world?

Completely forgot food standards, workers' rights and environmental standards.

The people in Sedgefield and Blyth who voted Tory for the first time in living memory would have had little doubt of the price to pay; they had been fed a Remainer diet for several years.

Now you are just being silly, those nice Messrs Farage, Johnson and Gove told them that they shouldn't believe the experts. It's not like them to lie, oh wait they even do it during a pandemic. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me still, shame on me.

Let’s see what they say in Jan/Feb next year once they’ve experienced ‘Australia Style Brexit’.

Do we pay for the non narrow benefit of living in a civilised country with shirt buttons? Before deciding that the 'narrow financials' are somehow irrelevent, it might pay to have a look at what that costs. Obviously this isn't a concern for those driving Brexit but others might begin to notice. Never mind, plenty of cover now.

Who said the narrow financials were irrelevant? All I said was that the remain case revolves mainly around them.

What about freedom of movement, security co-operation, easy access to skilled and unskilled labour, the age demographic/birthrate and not being seen as a complete laughing stock by the rest of the world?

Completely forgot food standards, workers' rights and environmental standards.

Freedom of movement (and the establishment) = the freedom of the establishment (companies) to move production to where the labour is cheapest. Which flies in the face of 'workers' rights' (said workers being banned from taking industrial action to object by ECJ). The EU will always put capital (and the project) ahead of the people. The project has shown its teeth in Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal. The workers pay, by not having any work. Unemployment does not accord with workers' rights, or perhaps people simply no longer have rights once they are no longer workers. Capital ahead of people. Security co-operation does not require the EU, it requires co-operation. Access to labour remains in the gift of government. The age/demographic birthrate? Laughing stock?

Nobody's laughing.

Food standards, workers rights and environmental standards, all higher in the UK than the EU minimums. Yes, I am aware of the recent vote in the HoC, and yes, of course I'm concerned.

How can Nissan Sunderland avoid closure with Peter Bone’s ‘Australia style deal’ he’s telling the public we’ll get ? Nissan has said Sunderland is not sustainable. Is Sunderland an acceptable price to pay for Brexit?
Well, they voted for it, so yeah. Fk 'em. This is what you voted for, Sunderland! Get used to it, there's going to be plenty more. Did anyone ever tell you to be careful what you asked for? This is what they meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back