advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poster above states 76M Turks are being granted visa free travel by the EU. Afaik that is not a true statement. It is very misleading at the least.

Very much want to stay away from this thread as it is just a goldfish bowl at this point but will make an observation. The last general election was the opportunity to demonstrate that a majority were against the root being taken by the Tories(ERG),Farage. Public marches against leaving were huge. Farage's trek from the North fooled everybody into believing leave had lost support. But they all came out for the election and I think have confirmed what they want.

No one knows for sure how it will play out or can be certain on who will blink first. Regardless at this point I think the UK particularly England has used up all goodwill towards it.

Well done Hugh, positive patriotic thinking.
‘Patriotic thinking‘ ( whatever that is) won’t save Sunderland. Tariffs with the EU, disruption or even modest delay to supply chains ends UK production. It was spelled out by Nissan and the other manufacturers four years ago

Maybe this is Nissan under pressure from the French side, where the grants will still be flowing. Why they have not returned to Japan like the other manufacturers,as tariffs reduce with cheese and wine, is a bigger mystery.

Col, you didn't answer the question. Which do you choose? BINO or no-deal and bye bye Nissan.

I predicted you would go pointing elsewhere, Nissan have been consistent as Brexit campaigners pivoted from saying it would all be business as usual and they were bluffing, to embracing no-deal.

So come on, you are DD Mk3, which is it to be?

Do you deal and risk the ire of your kipper playmates or do you celebrate no-deal and tell the Nissan MD to Foxtrot Oscar. This is a simple choice, if you can't make this one just imagine how the negotiators feel.

The £80million bribe from the Government might have helped stop closure happening earlier -> https://www.theguardian.com/politic...o-nissan-reveals-brexit-promise-to-carmarkers
Yes, that was the big mystery at the time- what was in the ‘letter of comfort’ Greig Clark gave to Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn? It could have been-
Don’t worry we’re not mad enough to walk out on a customs union/ no tariffs deal with Europe
We’ll pay you back in cash what the EU applies in tariffs
We have an amazing solution that the public can’t hear about.

It was echoed again in Johnson’s round of drinks with N.Irish businesses and farmers when he told them ‘don’t worry, there won’t be any border checks’ and even now where he’s spinning ‘checks but so light you won’t even notice them’. It’s all about deferring bad news till they’re forced to come clean with the public.

Col, you didn't answer the question. Which do you choose? BINO or no-deal and bye bye Nissan.

I predicted you would go pointing elsewhere, Nissan have been consistent as Brexit campaigners pivoted from saying it would all be business as usual and they were bluffing, to embracing no-deal.

So come on, you are DD Mk3, which is it to be?

Do you deal and risk the ire of your kipper playmates or do you celebrate no-deal and tell the Nissan MD to Foxtrot Oscar. This is a simple choice, if you can't make this one just imagine how the negotiators feel.
English please BINO, DD MK3?

I read that today.

Trouble is, hard remainers have claimed the Nissan mackem plant will close just by the fact of the UK leaving the EU. Now you're saying it'll close only if there is no deal. So if we leave the EU with a deal, are you now saying the Nissan plant will continue despite the predictions of closure for the last 4 years?

Remember this?

Nissan was offered secret state aid to cope with Brexit, minister concedes
This article is more than 1 year old
Business secretary vowed to maintain manufacturers’ capacity to trade with EU

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...o-nissan-reveals-brexit-promise-to-carmarkers

English please BINO, DD MK3?

I thought you were a player. BINO = Brexit in name only. Do a deal with the EU and that will become then next 'kipper clarion call.

As for DD, you can't be serious. Why the first failed Brexit Secretary, a thoroughly professional and serious politician and not at all an embarrassment to the UK.

XWIOBV7Y2AYCRLPFA752VFR2TI.jpg

I'm getting that Paxman feeling, third time lucky. Which do you choose BINO or No Deal and bye bye Nissan (unless we continue the bungs).

I thought you were a player. BINO = Brexit in name only. Do a deal with the EU and that will become then next 'kipper clarion call.

As for DD, you can't be serious. Why the first failed Brexit Secretary, a thoroughly professional and serious politician and not at all an embarrassment to the UK.

I'm getting that Paxman feeling, third time lucky. Which do you choose BINO or No Deal and bye bye Nissan (unless we continue the bungs).
Thanks Steve, we are too far along now for anything but Brexit. Any deal with the ECJ as overlords is not Brexit. Nissan will only stay while there are investment grants.

I thought Kippers invented the name BINO! I love their for pseudonym for no deal ( tariffs, customs checks, Irish border, 40,000 new red tape administrators) Brexit- Clean Break Brexit. I think they call it IED Brexit in Armagh. Here the economy falls off a cliff, over there it gets blown up.

I thought Kippers invented the name BINO! I love their for pseudonym for no deal ( tariffs, customs checks, Irish border, 40,000 new red tape administrators) Brexit- Clean Break Brexit. I think they call it IED Brexit in Armagh. Here the economy falls off a cliff, over there it gets blown up.

You have to admire the messaging, the ease with which a digruntled public bought easy answers that had no basis in fact was quite stunning. Boris is having a few problems using the same tactic with the reality of government as the public get keener to fact check on other subjects.

Despite the risks (I used a bleach bottle in the middle of the screen), I couldn't resist the urge to 'Click this image for the full-size version''

I don’t think the Special Deal from the Special Relationship is going to work out for a while. Trump looks like he’s going to spark a civil war unless he’s removed. Then what will Britain Trump do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back