advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition) II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might need a new fuseboard too, but I'm fairly confident that leaving the EU will prove to have been a significant step in the right direction.
Not looking very encouraging so far, but hopes springs eternal, I suppose. The quality of Parliamentary decision making seems to have actually declined since Brexit.

Not looking very encouraging so far, but hopes springs eternal, I suppose. The quality of Parliamentary decision making seems to have actually declined since Brexit.
Not really. Poor decision making in Parliament opened the door and came before brexit, e.g. unnecessary austerity from 2010.

In any case, poor decision making in Parliament is a reflection of poor decision making by the electorate.

What is of greater concern to me is the degree to which our politicians have been able to hide behind the fog of Brussels when supporting or pushing through policies that may or would have been impossible to implement when subjected to the spotlight of Parliamentary scrutiny.
Given the degree of criminality and the ability of the perpetrators to circumvent parliament, I’m not sure we can rely any longer on parliamentary scrutiny. One of the drivers of Brexit was for the same perps to avoid supranational scrutiny and they are still attempting to entirely remove it via their unlawful, undemocratic Northern Ireland contortions.

Remember the new axis touted in 2016? The Commonwealth was back, Britain would be unleashed to make deals with India, Africa etc. It looks like good friend of Brexit, Mr.Putin has got in first with new deals. Brexit Island is in a sad state of decline reputationally and in global authority. Twinned with Russia in G20 league table.

I mean, look at what’s fighting over the Westminster comb- a billionaire with a US green card/ parachute and a parochial non-entity pandering to the premium bond demographic in one part of the British Isles.

Truss has the lowest Conservative parliamentary support of any leadership candidate since Labour was in power. Lower than even Ian Duncan Smith. I wouldn’t underestimate the peril Britain is in. If that thing wants to simultaneously take on Putin and the EU and Washington over Brexit, then be my guest.

Reactions: PsB
Brexit- Johnson’s signature dish. Now the fraudster has been ejected from office, watch his bullshit legacy dissolve.

Oh, you meant Truss!

Yes, I'm not a fan myself.
EV, I’m sure the one thing your theatrical forebears would have warned you about most is the dangers of overacting.

qmD8300.jpg

EV, I’m sure the one thing your theatrical forebears would have warned you about most is the dangers of overacting.

I can only guess what sort of forebears you might have had (I drift in the direction of blood curdlingly vicious Presbyterian ministers), but they would have done well to have advised you that growing up is something you need to have got done by the time you were out of short trousers. Leaving it another 45 odd years really isn't a good look.

I can only guess what sort of forebears you might have had (I drift in the direction of blood curdlingly vicious Presbyterian ministers), but they would have done well to have advised you that growing up is something you need to have got done by the time you were out of short trousers. Leaving it another 45 odd years really isn't a good look.

Does that include being self-aware and mature enough to have the courage to admit that you were wrong in your vote for Johnson/Brexit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back