advertisement

Best amps I ever heard

@Salamander A few pics on Dave's behalf :) and all 60Kgs of the Audionet HUMBOLT, and DCS front-end. Nice.

Defo not a flatscreen :D

Clipboard02.jpg

Yes!! on Eldon Place just off the beginning of Manningham lane in the city centre... the whole area is rather derelict now, my folks still live by Saltaire so i do see the city once or twice a year... He started with them in 1973 IIRC at the Beckside Road site when they were Baird/EMI and they made everything by hand, my mum was on the PCB manufacturing line for a few years too, till they moved production to the east. - you have some history with them?

Yes, I worked for an electronic components disti and then Toshiba Electronic Components and used to visit Eldon. I think Microvitec also had some ex-Ferguson guys.

Small world eh? Well, small country :)

Yes indeed they did (and it really is :)), the founding group were my old mans colleagues. They all had the option of moving to Paris when Philips bought them but most turned it down due to 'kids in school' etc.

Well I've not heard anywhere near enough amps but best solid state amps I've heard are some of the Belles range at Tony's place (Coherent) and for tubes I would say the Border Patrol 300bse up at Kevin's (Deffinitve audio) and I really really like Guy's Puresound MA845 monos.

advertisement

Back