advertisement

Bargain Box Sets

Both the 50CD Decca Sound box (Amazon) and the 30CD Musique des Lumières box (Amazon 3rd party) mentioned in this thread have been dropping in price by tiny amounts almost daily. It probably won't go on for ever so I pulled the trigger on both today.

edit: as usual I jumped too soon - Musique des Lumières has now dropped to £15.55 delivered. 50p per CD!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
A bit like the Classical boxes mentioned in the post above mine, the Led Zeppelin Complete BBC box set (5 LP/3 CD/book/print/download) has been dropping a fair bit over the last few days, and is presently down to £71.25. Bearing in mind the Classic Records 4 x LP box set sells for about 3 or 4 times that amount, it isn't too bad value at the moment (and may go lower).

These Amazon price changes are crazy. Unless you use a tracker you have no chance of getting a good deal. Both the Musique des Lumières from my post above and the Zeppelin from starbuck's have shot up again. I guess they monitor every other source and continually set their prices just under the lowest.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
These Amazon price changes are crazy. Unless you use a tracker you have no chance of getting a good deal. Both the Musique des Lumières from my post above and the Zeppelin from starbuck's have shot up again. I guess they monitor every other source and continually set their prices just under the lowest.

Christmas may be distorting this even more of course

Don't they adjust automatically based on demand? There's anecdotal evidence that the few orders precipitated by a recommendation on this thread see an asking price increase in the subsequent few hours/days.

There's anecdotal evidence that the few orders precipitated by a recommendation on this thread see an asking price increase in the subsequent few hours/days.
I don't think so - the few more discs (20? maybe 30 ?) sold thanks to PFM probably won't have that much of an effect. My bet is that price hikes and falls happen at random in order to keep customers on the ball. Once they manage to 'catch' something when it's really cheap they feel like heroes and are only too happy to return to amazon, chances being that they pay full price more often than not.

That looks very good. The included string quartets are just stunning IMO. I need to look into Bartok's piano works at some point, I seem to have missed them...

A bit like the Classical boxes mentioned in the post above mine, the Led Zeppelin Complete BBC box set (5 LP/3 CD/book/print/download) has been dropping a fair bit over the last few days, and is presently down to £71.25. Bearing in mind the Classic Records 4 x LP box set sells for about 3 or 4 times that amount, it isn't too bad value at the moment (and may go lower).

I asked camelcamelcamel for an alert at £65, which I have just received. Now, do I really want it...?

Better paste the link too...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01INFZN9G/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Ridiculous aren't they. I was just about to post a link yesterday, having bought the Bitches Brew Deluxe Box Set (3Cd+1Dvd+2Vinyl) for £28.40, when I saw it had bounced back to £73.98!

advertisement

Back