advertisement

Bargain Box Sets

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I got ripped off by Qobuz with the above deal yesterday as I charged the undiscounted price despite it showing for £7.00 in my basket.

I must say that Qobuz has been most unhelpful dealing with the situation, their best offer being to download a single free album in compensation for the mistake...

I got ripped off by Qobuz with the above deal yesterday as I charged the undiscounted price despite it showing for £7.00 in my basket.

I must say that Qobuz has been most unhelpful dealing with the situation, their best offer being to download a single free album in compensation for the mistake...

Ask your credit card company to chargeback if you can show the order receipt or emailed order details stated £7.

Problem is the email receipt showed €142.49, even though what I added to my basket was a £7.34 item (I do have a screenshot showing the special order price and the add to basket button which I took as I went back to the Quobuz site right after opening said email).

It looks like a bug on the Qobuz website, but they won't admit it, and paying with Paypal prevents me from going back to the credit card company, as I understand it.

Problem is the email receipt showed €142.49, even though what I added to my basket was a £7.34 item (I do have a screenshot showing the special order price and the add to basket button which I took as I went back to the Quobuz site right after opening said email).

It looks like a bug on the Qobuz website, but they won't admit it, and paying with Paypal prevents me from going back to the credit card company, as I understand it.

I have chargedback through my credit card company via a Paypal payment when buying from a dealer, the same as you have here. Open a case up with your provider & send them the screenshot of the purchase you were making & the actual chargeable cost were not aware of till the email came through. I would say you will be successful in your claim as you wouldn't have proceeded at such a higher cost than what you thought you were buying at.

Further, my credit card company refunded my card straightaway then went after Paypal. On my Paypal account the chargeback showed up, Paypal requested info from the dealer, they ignored the request so after 14 days Paypal closed the case & all was well.

Please do it, it is in your wallets interest.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, which I'll follow unless Paypal corrects things by the weekend.

@Rk19... I'm not blaming you for what happened ;)

Exactly that, I think, and not an official release as far as I know. There's been a whole string of these sets released recently from all sorts of different bands/acts, none sanctioned by the bands themselves.

advertisement

Back