advertisement

Audial Model S DAC

On the remote thing - my DAC has three and soon to be four inputs, it’s effectively a digital pre-amp…unfortunately not removing the need for an analogue pre-amp, as switching back from my dCS Puccini/Delius recently showed when I re-introduced the Croft Mega 😂😜

One wonders why he's selling after 3 hours use but be that as it may, mine took a lot longer than 3 hours to reach its peak and sounded pretty mechanical up to that point. I'm still not sure whether it's better or not than my own version TDA1541 DAC with tube output stage. They both sound marvellous with some subtle differences and I happily listen to both. My own version has built in analogue remote volume control which is useful when I'm testing power amps. My objectives of having a great-sounding reference DAC (reference as in never gets modded or touched unlike my own builds :) ) have been totally achieved and I highly recommedn it as wonderful well-built DAC

One wonders why he's selling after 3 hours use but be that as it may, mine took a lot longer than 3 hours to reach its peak and sounded pretty mechanical up to that point. I'm still not sure whether it's better or not than my own version TDA1541 DAC with tube output stage. They both sound marvellous with some subtle differences and I happily listen to both. My own version has built in analogue remote volume control which is useful when I'm testing power amps. My objectives of having a great-sounding reference DAC (reference as in never gets modded or touched unlike my own builds :) ) have been totally achieved and I highly recommedn it as wonderful well-built DAC
Mine is coming on the 13th of May. Three hours is not long but then some people make decisions very quickly.

advertisement

Back