advertisement

Art Dudley RIP

That is horrible news. I really liked Art’s writing and felt we were very much on the same page when it came to both audio and music. His columns and perspective actually being the main reason I subscribe to Stereophile. I had no idea he was so ill. He’ll leave a hell of a hole to fill. RIP.

OMG i am stunned. I've been reading Art for donkeys years................. this is a huge shock.

well, what can I say - the first Stereophile articles I read and really enjoyed reading were written by him, and it has remained so until now... R.I.P. Art :(

Sad news.

I loved Art's writing for many years, simply because he had a clear point of view, and tastes of many things all conveyed in wonderfully clear and direct and concise writing. Also often gently & wryly amusing - but only at his own cost, never others - so came across as the very opposite of pompous or up himself about it all.

That is a very rare thing. Art's writings conveyed to me, all he found essential in what he heard, and also what he didn't; was a fan of good music, good equipment of any history, wherever he found it, even outside his usual ambit. We shall not see quite his like again. Vale, Art; and thank-you.

(If you haven't already - do watch the linked vids on the Stereophile article, I'd seen them before, and can only recommend again.)

I’m absolutely shocked. Of all the audio journos Art always seemed the nicest bloke with such a down to earth and relatable attitude to this mad hobby. For him to have passed, at such a young age is a real head-****. RIP and sympathies for his family and those that loved him.

Damn it! Wow, that really got me. I have always like many, loved his way about writing, since the Listener days on. One of the truly good ones. RIP Art, will miss your writings. Thoughts to family and friends.

Wow, that's such a shame and shock. He didn't seem all that old. I've been aware of his writings a while but it's the videos I saw, thanks to PFM members sharing them, that really drew me to him. Like others have said, very genuine and just seemed like a really nice chap.

So sad to read this. There is so much insight in his writing - it was reading his review of the Leben 300 that led to one being on by rack. RIP

advertisement

Back