Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-vaccine protesters… why?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony L, Oct 23, 2021.

1. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I’m sure you meant stop, not spread but well done for getting Bill Gates into the debate. There’s a technique employed by conspiracy theorists and those with a vested interest in opposing vaccines as there is in various fields- Holocaust denial being perhaps the most egregious.

Seize in one small discrepancy or falsehood and amplify it. Use it out of context and repeat often.
    “The vaccine hasn’t been tested properly”
    “The vaccine only has emergency approval”
    “mRNA vaccines permanently change your genetic code”
    “ you can still die from Covid if you’re vaccinated!”

Mullardman and ff1d1l like this.
  2. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

Covkxw and sq225917 like this.
  3. jon l

jon l pfm Member

It's not clear to me how the level of (PCR) testing would affect this. Germany started later and slower than UK, and used mostly Pfizer which I think I saw reported as least drop in protection. I don't know how to find stats for vaccinated/unvaccinated cases are available here as the ONS publishes for UK regularly.

4. hc25036

hc25036 pfm Member

It's actually a very nice graphic showing what (provably) happens at the molecular level with an unfortunately shorthand title!

Covkxw likes this.
  5. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

;)

hc25036 likes this.
  6. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

7. mandryka

mandryka pfm Member

That blind watchmaker is pretty impressive!

8. Mr.Nic

Mr.Nic pfm Member

9. PaulMB

PaulMB pfm Member

Just read that a certain tribe of Maori, who own the rights to a Haka, have forbidden anti-vax demonstrators from using said Haka during their demonstrations. If they insist, I would love to see the All Blacks charging into them!

deanf, Cheese and Durmbo like this.
  10. cubastreet

cubastreet Espresso Fiend

Ka mate is the most famous haka - the one commonly used by the ABs, and drunk expats at Shepherds Bush.
    I was glad Toa spoke out against it’s misuse - Maori are at high risk from COVID and have the lowest vaccination rate in NZ.

Sean K likes this.