advertisement

Anti-vaccine protesters… why?

John,

You gain some protection (aka natural immunity) if you get COVID and are still here to tell the tale, but vaccination is both safer and more effective than natural immunity. If I got COVID I'd still want to be vaccinated to lower the risk of severe COVID were I to become infected again.

But I do understand the reluctance given all the misinformation and bullshit circulating. It's almost as though the Enlightenment had never happened.

Joe

We're sliding into the Endarkenment Joe. Rcook's post is a clear symptom of that.

First off, I will make it clear that, just like Bill Gates where his kids are concerned, I am an anti-vaxxer (and proud of it).
I have researched them pretty extensively and come to the conclusion they are really not a good thing.

The ingredients are highly toxic .... Sorry for being a bit radical and not wanting people to harm themselves.

Thank you for endangering the sane portion of the population by remaining unvaccinated and exposing us to the risk of a more virulent strain.

Regular readers will know that this particular poster has a track record for dropping 'truth' bombs. Remember the claim that Boris Johnson is best PM ever? Or that carbon dioxide is not a greenhouse gas? I'm sure there is no fact he can't pummel until it fits his ideology. Nor will you get any engagement beyond the initial emission. I think it's the reason the ignore button was invented.
He is a useful barometer of where the terminally stupid and ignorant are on any topic of importance. Therefore I prefer not to ignore, but to use whatever he curls out to help me understand what shite the troll farms are putting out on any given topic.

Plus, he's (unintentionally) hilarious. I can only surmise he's being paid to dump his load here, given the reception he gets whenever he floats to the surface.

First off, I will make it clear that, just like Bill Gates where his kids are concerned, I am an anti-vaxxer (and proud of it).
I have researched them pretty extensively and come to the conclusion they are really not a good thing.

The ingredients are highly toxic - do you know what's in them? Have you read the leaflet that came with the vaccine when you have had one administered? If you haven't, you haven't given informed consent. Which, if you weren't already aware, is a direct breach of The Nuremberg Code.

So, you can have yourself injected with toxic substances and foetal cells if you want, as long as you are fully informed.

It would be an even better idea to inject yourself with toxic substances if they actually worked. Which they don't. For example, I know many people who have had the measles vaccine, and later got measles. I have lost count of the number of people who have had two 'Covid' vaccinations, and then got Covid (even before any adverse reactions, I have lost count of them. Who would have thought, you get ill after having toxins injected into you (clue: it's your body reacting to being poisoned). By the way, whatever they are injecting into you, it can't be Covid, because Covid has never been isolated in a laboratory and isolated according to Koch's Postulates. Offically and legally then, it doesn't exist. Courts in many countries, mostly recently in Spain a couple of weeks ago, have ruled it doesn't exist, and the UK government have admitted in a Freedom of Information request that it doesn't exist. But I digress.

I wouldn't inject toxic ingredients for no benefit, and possibly severe side effects up to and including death. In the case of Covid, I would rather take my chances for an illness with a 99.97% recovery rate and an average death age of 82 years 4 months (average UK life expectancy is 81 years 7 months). Furthermore, the government have admitted that having the Covid vaccine won't stop you spreading it or catching it, so why would you even have it. I am sure the people of PFM will tell me I am missing something. Not sure what. The current Covid 'vaccines' are experimental and have only been approved for emergency use, that is why the government keep extending the draconian and unlawful 'Covid Act', because it is emergency legislation and allows them to.

Want more?
Ok, if vaccines are safe, why has the Vaccine Injuries Compensation Board in the USA paid out billions of dollars (about $11 billion IIRC) in compensation for vaccine injuries?
We are led to believe that vaccines are some kind of magic bullet. The truth is they aren't, and they absolutely haven't been responsible for the eradication of illness - better sanitation was mostly responsible for that, vaccines came along later in the day. When there is an earthquake in a third-world country, what is the priority? It's clean water and sanitation, not injecting the survivors with toxins.

If you want to have a vaccine, go ahead, but do your research first and make a fully informed decision. I have, and there is no way on earth I will be going anywhere near them. I will trust my immune system.

I can imagine the spluttering and drinks being sprayed all over screens as this is being read. You can dismiss us anti-vaxxers as looneys if you like (I really don't care), or call us stupid, but we aren't telling you this for fun - we are telling you not to inject yourselves with poisons for no benefit. Sorry for being a bit radical and not wanting people to harm themselves.
What fascinates me about your posts is the way are are able to combine a relatively high level of literacy, with a total absence of intellect.

What fascinates me about your posts is the way are are able to combine a relatively high level of literacy, with a total absence of intellect.
'copy' and 'paste' requires very little literacy.

Or, he's as literate as the rest of us, and paid to pebbledash media with this stuff.

Given that, according to Government figures, 84 per cent of the adult population has had at least one jab, and that some of the non-jabbed are unable to be vaccinated, I’d say it’s unlikely that anti-vaxxers amount to more than 10 percent of the population.

I dunno, 7% of 'kippers voted remain, it's quite plausible that some anti-vaxxers got jabbed. Human stupidity and all that...

Given that, according to Government figures, 84 per cent of the adult population has had at least one jab, and that some of the non-jabbed are unable to be vaccinated, I’d say it’s unlikely that anti-vaxxers amount to more than 10 percent of the population.

I dunno, 7% of 'kippers voted remain, it's quite plausible that some anti-vaxxers got jabbed. Human stupidity and all that...
I think those unable to be jabbed are going to be in a very small minority, so the ballpark figure for anti vaxxers could still be around 15% given that anybody who wants one could definitely have had at least one by now. So the 16% who haven't are, presumably, mostly that way by choice and I'd guess only a small part of that group hasn't got a choice.

According to Tabby 'Eligible but unvaccinated' are 12%. And dropping by 25-50k first jabs per day. It looks like ending up around 10%. Mostly under age 50.

It looks like the anti-vaxxers are now protesting outside schools. I'm ok with peaceful and good-mannered protests but as soon as it interferes with other people's lives then they should become criminals. Same applies to the IB empty-heads!

If they don't want the vaccine I'm fine with that, I believe people should be able to make that choice.

On R4 yesterday morning a hospital reported that 5 out of 6 Covid patients had not been vaccinated.

While I agree that vaccination should be a choice, perhaps proof of vaccination should be compulsory to get treatment for Covid?

On R4 yesterday morning a hospital reported that 5 out of 6 Covid patients had not been vaccinated.

While I agree that vaccination should be a choice, perhaps proof of vaccination should be compulsory to get treatment for Covid?
Can’t go down that slope, however much some would like to. Hospitals should be for everyone, even people who make mistakes because of ignorance or prejudice.

It looks like the anti-vaxxers are now protesting outside schools. I'm ok with peaceful and good-mannered protests but as soon as it interferes with other people's lives then they should become criminals. Same applies to the IB empty-heads!

If they don't want the vaccine I'm fine with that, I believe people should be able to make that choice.
I think anti-Vaxxers are much the same as people who use public transport without a ticket.

I think anti-Vaxxers are much the same as people who use public transport without a ticket.
I think antivaxxers fall broadly into two camps. The first is those who knowingly and intentionally spread dangerous disinformation for personal gain. They are evil and society should deal with them harshly and visibly. The second is people who unthinkingly fall for the output of the first type, likely because ‘unthinking’ is their default condition. There’s a subset of the second that vociferously propagates the disinformation. These are a problem as they may be dim, but sincere.

There may be a third type, those who have given the subject some thought, but come to the ‘wrong’ conclusion.

The annoyance is they will only achieve yet more ramping up of Tory/Labour authoritarianism. Since Brexit our right to protest is being seriously eroded and this will only lead to a situation where all protest is banned without state “permit” and is far more easily met with state violence. I hate seeing these dickheads targeting schools etc, but I fear state authoritarianism far more. As far as I’m concerned as long as they are not violent or abusive let them be. I will defend their right to be utterly brainless pricks in a public space.

Think we’re in danger of whipping ourselves up into a moral panic here. Committed anti-vaxxers such as our friend represent a small minority of the unvaccinated.

Came across this earlier and it’s a bit finger-waggy to pass it on at this point but I think it’s well put:

https://twitter.com/jcmurdoch26/status/1452620838704910340?s=21

“I think a lot of the problem with discussions with vaccine passports comes from the idea of the anti-vaxxer, a white, middle class reactionary, as opposed to the people who are actually least likely to be vaccinated being working class POC. This then leads to policy being made as a form of punishment against these anti-vaxxers (who are to be clear wrong and bad), while forgetting who the primary victims of the carceral state always are.”

I think that's a fair point Sean. I'm also aware of colleagues from East European countries who are lovely, otherwise rational people who are refusing to get vaccinated.

I don't pretend to understand where this is coming from. Social media seems to play a role but I don't think that's the whole picture.

advertisement

Back