advertisement

Anti-vaccine protesters… why?

Perhaps the truth is the vaccine does little to spread transmission of the virus as Bill Gates has recently admitted.
I’m sure you meant stop, not spread but well done for getting Bill Gates into the debate. There’s a technique employed by conspiracy theorists and those with a vested interest in opposing vaccines as there is in various fields- Holocaust denial being perhaps the most egregious.

Seize in one small discrepancy or falsehood and amplify it. Use it out of context and repeat often.
“The vaccine hasn’t been tested properly”
“The vaccine only has emergency approval”
“mRNA vaccines permanently change your genetic code”
“ you can still die from Covid if you’re vaccinated!”

Germany has a very low level of testing and booster doses. Less than 1/3 of UK. So a number of breakthroughs the waning protection to add to the unvaccinated.

It's not clear to me how the level of (PCR) testing would affect this. Germany started later and slower than UK, and used mostly Pfizer which I think I saw reported as least drop in protection. I don't know how to find stats for vaccinated/unvaccinated cases are available here as the ONS publishes for UK regularly.

Just read that a certain tribe of Maori, who own the rights to a Haka, have forbidden anti-vax demonstrators from using said Haka during their demonstrations. If they insist, I would love to see the All Blacks charging into them!

Just read that a certain tribe of Maori, who own the rights to a Haka, have forbidden anti-vax demonstrators from using said Haka during their demonstrations. If they insist, I would love to see the All Blacks charging into them!

Ka mate is the most famous haka - the one commonly used by the ABs, and drunk expats at Shepherds Bush.
I was glad Toa spoke out against it’s misuse - Maori are at high risk from COVID and have the lowest vaccination rate in NZ.

advertisement

Back