advertisement

Anti-vaccine protesters… why?

Anyone see the recent Jeremy Hunt interview with Bill Gates where he comments on the vaccine’s ability to stop transmission of COVID?

Anti-vaxxers, those of the more vocal kind at least, tend not to be ‘single-issue’ sceptics. They disbelieve in climate change, the ‘official’ narrative about 9/11, and are often Holocaust deniers. They have a profound distrust of what they term the MSM, think that those who don’t share their beliefs are ‘sheeple’ yet, ironically swallow wholesale the guff put out by the likes of Piers Corbyn and David Icke.

They also want/need a Grand Unified Theory of how the world is run, with a sinister International ‘elite’ controlling everything that happens, towards a definite, if obscure purpose of enslaving humanity. Thus Covid was deliberately created with the sole aim of forcing people to receive ‘poison’ in the form of a vaccine, which will also enrich the elite. I guess it’s partly the inability of some people to accept randomness and cock-ups as being at least as important as sinister, carefully laid plans in the course of world history.
F60.0

New Zealand had it’s first big antivax protest this week, complete with trump and Qanon flag bearers. It came ahead of a mandate for compulsory vaccination of teachers, healthcare workers etc beginning next week.

Reporters spoke to one teacher who didn’t want to have the vaccine because she’s a mother and she needs to take care of her kids. She said it would be a big problem if the vaccine made her sick.

I’m glad she’ll no longer be allowed to teach.

I was wondering why cases/deaths were increasing so fast in Germany. Then I looked at their vaccination rate which seems to have slowed down..

In Italy, over the past couple of days, a cardinal and a parish priest have denounced Covid as (A) a global plot-invention and the virus does not exists, and (B) as something produced from dead foetuses. Interestingly, both priests come from the extremely conservative area of the Catholic church. So here too, in the religious context, the "We few who see the Truth against the deluded and decadent majority."

Update: Unvaccinated brother in law was admitted to hospital yesterday evening and is on a respirator. At least now he can they can get some fluids into him as he hasn't been able to eat of drink due to the continuous coughing. Hopefully he'll be okay.
Whilst I admire that he actually has the courage of his convictions as he refused to have the vaccination because of his Vegan principles he could have perhaps saved himself alot of pain and his partner, young children, Mum and sister alot of worry and stress had he of been vaccinated.

Update: Unvaccinated brother in law was admitted to hospital yesterday evening and is on a respirator. At least now he can they can get some fluids into him as he hasn't been able to eat of drink due to the continuous coughing. Hopefully he'll be okay.
Whilst I admire that he actually has the courage of his convictions as he refused to have the vaccination because of his Vegan principles he could have perhaps saved himself alot of pain and his partner, young children, Mum and sister alot of worry and stress had he of been vaccinated.
Just out of interest, certain medicines must be non-vegan so I’m wondering if there’s a list of medicines and things associated with medical procedures that vegan should avoid?

Just out of interest, certain medicines must be non-vegan so I’m wondering if there’s a list of medicines and things associated with medical procedures that vegan should avoid?

I wouldn't know, I'm not a vegan and I'm not sure that there is pharmaceutical companies that do not carry out animal testing, to the best of my knowledge this is why my brother in law refused to be vaccinated. There certainly will be other alternative herbal treatments for some ailments, how effective or ethical they are I wouldn't know.

Last edited:

Every medicinal product with a product licence anywhere in the world will have been tested on animals to some extent. It’s a legal requirement.

The vegan argument can apply to how the vaccine was manufactured
No jab I am aware of is vegan and few are vegetarian.
Reluctantly I put aside my vegan objections

I was wondering why cases/deaths were increasing so fast in Germany. Then I looked at their vaccination rate which seems to have slowed down..
Perhaps the truth is the vaccine does little to spread transmission of the virus as Bill Gates has recently admitted.

The vegan argument can apply to how the vaccine was manufactured
No jab I am aware of is vegan and few are vegetarian.
Reluctantly I put aside my vegan objections

Obviously it's a personal choice but there has to be an element of pragmatism. I've been vegetarian for 30+ years and abhor animal testing - but I'm also insulin dependant. Thankfully it's no longer animal derived but it will almost certainly have been tested on animals.

Obviously it's a personal choice but there has to be an element of pragmatism. I've been vegetarian for 30+ years and abhor animal testing - but I'm also insulin dependant. Thankfully it's no longer animal derived but it will almost certainly have been tested on animals.
My choice to be jabbed.
Improves my chances of sticking around longer so I can push the vegan viewpoint, usually very gently and as persuasively as possible.

The COVID vaccines may help a bit in preventing transmission of SARS-CoV-2, but they are extremely effective in preventing healthcare providers from becoming COVID patients.

But what do I know? Maybe docs, nurses and orderlies on respirators gasping for oxygen feel well enough to perform surgery, intubate patients or to keep a hospital running.

Joe

Perhaps the truth is the vaccine does little to spread transmission of the virus as Bill Gates has recently admitted.

agreed, the vaccination rate here in Germany may be comparatively low, but it is still quoted as 67% and I don't believe the near vertical climb of cases is confined to the unvaccinated

If you work in healthcare and the chief medical officer tells you getting the vaccine is safer than getting covid and you don't believe him, I think you are in the wrong job.

And you need to go to Specsavers. Just look around you.

agreed, the vaccination rate here in Germany may be comparatively low, but it is still quoted as 67% and I don't believe the near vertical climb of cases is confined to the unvaccinated

Germany has a very low level of testing and booster doses. Less than 1/3 of UK. So a number of breakthroughs the waning protection to add to the unvaccinated.

advertisement

Back