Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon Black Friday 2021

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony L, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

I ordered mine and have been charged £19.00. I've sent back my old one, so I presume that I've got it at the promo price and with the trade-in, but if it doesn't pass appraisal for any reason, they'll just charge me the extra £5.

windhoek likes this.
  2. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

The 4k Max version is still showing as £36.99 at checkout for me so it looks like they want my old first before applying the 20% discount to my account. Oh well.

3. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

I had this question as well as I selfishly use Smile to attempt to cure myself.

AFAICT the answer is yes, and you can put smile at the start of any amazon link and your charity and the affiliate will get their cut. Although frustratingly, it's not clear if the affiliate link is offset by the charity donation or is they stack, but I believe a "double linked2 URL does work.

Another thing worth knowing is that smile links pay a much smaller commission than affiliate links, because smile can be mass promoted by charities to get general income, whereas affiliate links are meant to be more narrowly targeted by people who can bring a specific audience to amazon for specific products. E.g. a fishing equipment review youtube channel for fishing gear. What you can do with affiliate links is something of a grey area although I think mostly what rules are to stop large scale, general distribution of affiliate links.

EDIT : SO this link should work for Black Friday, Charity + PFM : https://smile.amazon.co.uk/blackfriday?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

martin clark and Tony L like this.
  4. windhoek

I just sent off my 1st gen fire stick. I mean to say, they pre-valued its trade-in value at £2.99, plus I should get 20% off a new fire stick, and Amazon are also crediting my account with £0.99 to rent or buy on a digital film i.e. to stream or download. It's a decent enough bundle if you're looking to trade up.

5. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

more trouble for amazon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59419572

Amazon workers in 20 countries - including the US, UK, and several in the EU - are planning protests and work stoppages on Black Friday.

The shopping-centric day is among Amazon's busiest all year.

The Make Amazon Pay group says: "Amazon takes too much and gives back too little."

It is backed by a coalition of labour groups, trade unions, grassroots campaigns and non-profit-making organisations in individual countries.

In the UK, that includes the:

• GMB Union
    • Trades Union Congress
    • Momentum

calorgas likes this.
  6. steveinspain

steveinspain pfm Member

How annoying is that - put it in my basket at £199-ish went to hospital for an op, just went to buy it but the price is up to £234. That'll teach me..

7. calorgas

calorgas Ratty bumpkin

Good!

I hope everyone here reads the article and pauses to consider what Amazon and this stupid smoke-and-mirrors black friday bullshit does to all the smaller retailers, and the environmental cost of buying endless stuff that you don't really need anyway.

8. windhoek

9. windhoek

Not a deal from Amazon but Roon is doing a three-month trial for a dollar just now. Apparently, it's the best thing for home and internet streaming since records began, as it were. It's bloody expensive but a three-month trial for a dollar seems worth a shot.

https://roonlabs.com/pricing

10. robs

robs should know how this works by no

Not Amazon either, but Sennheiser have 50% off everything on their site (through Unidays code - my daughter still a student...sometimes there are perks..). 800 series sold out long ago but I will be trying a pair of 660S.:)

windhoek and PhilofCas like this.
  11. steveinspain

steveinspain pfm Member

Well, today it seems that the price has gone back down should anyone be after a pillar drill..
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00766C1A8/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21