advertisement

Amazon Black Friday 2021

It turns out you need to send in your old device for appraisal before the 20% discount promotion off a new Fire Stick can be applied. Bummer, because by the time they receive mine, appraise it and apply 20% off, the price of the Fire Sticks will have gone back up. I wish I'd bottomed that out at the start of the week. Damn.

EDIT: I'm gonna go through the trade-in process anyway and see if I can't snag the 4k Max one at the same price around Christmas time, but with the extra 20% off.
I ordered mine and have been charged £19.00. I've sent back my old one, so I presume that I've got it at the promo price and with the trade-in, but if it doesn't pass appraisal for any reason, they'll just charge me the extra £5.

I ordered mine and have been charged £19.00. I've sent back my old one, so I presume that I've got it at the promo price and with the trade-in, but if it doesn't pass appraisal for any reason, they'll just charge me the extra £5.

The 4k Max version is still showing as £36.99 at checkout for me so it looks like they want my old first before applying the 20% discount to my account. Oh well.

Does it work with Smile?

I had this question as well as I selfishly use Smile to attempt to cure myself.

AFAICT the answer is yes, and you can put smile at the start of any amazon link and your charity and the affiliate will get their cut. Although frustratingly, it's not clear if the affiliate link is offset by the charity donation or is they stack, but I believe a "double linked2 URL does work.

Another thing worth knowing is that smile links pay a much smaller commission than affiliate links, because smile can be mass promoted by charities to get general income, whereas affiliate links are meant to be more narrowly targeted by people who can bring a specific audience to amazon for specific products. E.g. a fishing equipment review youtube channel for fishing gear. What you can do with affiliate links is something of a grey area although I think mostly what rules are to stop large scale, general distribution of affiliate links.

EDIT : SO this link should work for Black Friday, Charity + PFM : https://smile.amazon.co.uk/blackfriday?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
The 4k Max version is still showing as £36.99 at checkout for me so it looks like they want my old first before applying the 20% discount to my account. Oh well.

I just sent off my 1st gen fire stick. I mean to say, they pre-valued its trade-in value at £2.99, plus I should get 20% off a new fire stick, and Amazon are also crediting my account with £0.99 to rent or buy on a digital film i.e. to stream or download. It's a decent enough bundle if you're looking to trade up.

more trouble for amazon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59419572

Amazon workers in 20 countries - including the US, UK, and several in the EU - are planning protests and work stoppages on Black Friday.

The shopping-centric day is among Amazon's busiest all year.

The Make Amazon Pay group says: "Amazon takes too much and gives back too little."

It is backed by a coalition of labour groups, trade unions, grassroots campaigns and non-profit-making organisations in individual countries.

In the UK, that includes the:

• GMB Union
  • Trades Union Congress
  • Momentum

Not a deal from Amazon but Roon is doing a three-month trial for a dollar just now. Apparently, it's the best thing for home and internet streaming since records began, as it were. It's bloody expensive but a three-month trial for a dollar seems worth a shot.

https://roonlabs.com/pricing

Not Amazon either, but Sennheiser have 50% off everything on their site (through Unidays code - my daughter still a student...sometimes there are perks..). 800 series sold out long ago but I will be trying a pair of 660S.:)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Looks like you have purchased already but in case you have not, I would go for this one, similar price

https://www.axminstertools.com/axminster-craft-ac285pd-bench-pillar-drill-105105
Thanks for the link - I did actually look at that one but figured it was just a bit too much for me to spend on something I've never used before, and yes, I have got the Bosch one..
Having managed without one for all my life my needs are clearly less precision, more 'that'll do'..

Not Amazon either, but Sennheiser have 50% off everything on their site (through Unidays code - my daughter still a student...sometimes there are perks..). 800 series sold out long ago but I will be trying a pair of 660S.:)
That’s a fantastic deal from Sennheiser. I bought a pair of Momentum blue tooth, noise cancelling headphones from them a couple of years ago. Always worth checking their website before committing to buy from another source.

Why is this thread still pinned to the top? Surely it would be better to unpin threads like this one that is about a specific date or event once it has passed? If a new thread for a similar future event is created it can be pinned for a few weeks as needed.

advertisement

Back