Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon Black Friday 2021

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony L, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

tuga likes this.
  2. gustav_errata

gustav_errata pfm Member

julifriend and Tony L like this.
  3. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

tuga and richardg like this.
  4. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I’ll give this another bump and stick it for a while as it’s still going strong!

5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

There’s an additional Black Friday deal on fresh food etc (link) and a promo code: FESTIVE10 which hets a tenner off a >£60 shop.

6. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

What a shame it’s region dependent.

7. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

As traders, we've been benefactors of ebay discounts in the past. We still got paid the full amount and our customers got a decent discount. So With fees of basically 10% ebay were picking the tab up on this. Must cost them a fortune.

Does Amazon do this too?

8. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

I'm not sure. I know when they do Black Friday events and such you can sometimes - sometimes - find stuff with huge discounts applied, but I can't remember whether that's stock supplied by Amazon only. I'm inclined to think Amazon discounts their own stock and subsidises discounts from marketplace sellers during sales events but I'm not entirely sure.

9. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

I suspect they have to. Undercutting your own customers (Marketplace sellers) is not a good look and, arguably, an abuse of a market dominance position. I think if they didn’t underwrite the Marketplace sellers on this, they’d be up to their armpits in regulators.

10. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Just started a new thread. Are Amazon really stopping accepting Visa cards in the UK?

11. gustav_errata

gustav_errata pfm Member

PhilofCas likes this.
  12. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Yes

13. deanf

deanf pfm Member

14. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

Visa CREDIT cards are being stopped....from the 16th January 22
    Visa debit etc will continue

This is just a marketing ploy by Amazon to get fees down....they are in negotiations with visa about this currently (according to the news)
    So probably some agreement will be reached

15. JezmondTutu

JezmondTutu pfm Member

It’s a good deal for a cracking machine and not often do you see it much below that price, normally a fair whack more. Mine has been super reliable over three years and I absolutely love it.

deanf likes this.
  16. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Interesting. We bought ours just over two years ago for under £400 from Amazon, and not as part of a special deal. Though ours is the silver face model, not the black one.

Edit: we paid £369.99 in early Dec 2019 for it.

17. JezmondTutu

JezmondTutu pfm Member

Mine is also silver and that is the lowest price I’ve seen so you did well. I’ve also heard black scratches easily. For reference, I got trade on one and it was more than that - Amazon have definitely lowered price.

18. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Hey, about time we got some good luck out of the tax-dodgers ;)

19. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

20. Tony L

Tony L Administrator