advertisement

Amazon Black Friday 2021

There’s an additional Black Friday deal on fresh food etc (link) and a promo code: FESTIVE10 which hets a tenner off a >£60 shop.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
As traders, we've been benefactors of ebay discounts in the past. We still got paid the full amount and our customers got a decent discount. So With fees of basically 10% ebay were picking the tab up on this. Must cost them a fortune.

Does Amazon do this too?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
As traders, we've been benefactors of ebay discounts in the past. We still got paid the full amount and our customers got a decent discount. So With fees of basically 10% ebay were picking the tab up on this. Must cost them a fortune.

Does Amazon do this too?

I'm not sure. I know when they do Black Friday events and such you can sometimes - sometimes - find stuff with huge discounts applied, but I can't remember whether that's stock supplied by Amazon only. I'm inclined to think Amazon discounts their own stock and subsidises discounts from marketplace sellers during sales events but I'm not entirely sure.

I suspect they have to. Undercutting your own customers (Marketplace sellers) is not a good look and, arguably, an abuse of a market dominance position. I think if they didn’t underwrite the Marketplace sellers on this, they’d be up to their armpits in regulators.

Just started a new thread. Are Amazon really stopping accepting Visa cards in the UK?

Visa CREDIT cards are being stopped....from the 16th January 22
Visa debit etc will continue

This is just a marketing ploy by Amazon to get fees down....they are in negotiations with visa about this currently (according to the news)
So probably some agreement will be reached

It’s a good deal for a cracking machine and not often do you see it much below that price, normally a fair whack more. Mine has been super reliable over three years and I absolutely love it.
Interesting. We bought ours just over two years ago for under £400 from Amazon, and not as part of a special deal. Though ours is the silver face model, not the black one.

Edit: we paid £369.99 in early Dec 2019 for it.

Interesting. We bought ours just over two years ago for under £400 from Amazon, and not as part of a special deal. Though ours is the silver face model, not the black one.

Edit: we paid £369.99 in early Dec 2019 for it.

Mine is also silver and that is the lowest price I’ve seen so you did well. I’ve also heard black scratches easily. For reference, I got trade on one and it was more than that - Amazon have definitely lowered price.

advertisement

Back