advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t see it but listened to the commentary on the radio whilst gardening. It sounded like United got their tactics bang on. Saying that, City had chances.

It’s been a great FA Cup this year, United have been involved in some great games.

Cheers BB

Ten Haag got his tactics right packing the middle.
Pep beating himself again starting with no wide forwards. Course the clanger at the back didn't help. And NUFC needing a City win for Europe meant it was never going to happen. If it was the Europa League I'd be bothered; the Conference not so much.

Is this the same murray johnson who last posted in the footie thread 3 years ago!? Welcome back! Your team certainly adapted to the competition. Should have been well beaten by Liverpool but rode your luck. Again against Coventry. Got the game plan right in the final. Time now to sell the squad and sack the manager!
Tonight is 19 years since the miracle of Istanbul after which Liverpool rebuilt, I only mention it as sometimes its right to change a winning formula. Time will tell.

Last edited:
I was hoping to see the City fans doing their famous Poznan dance today but the only time they turned their backs to the pitch was as they disconsolately trooped out after the final whistle. :D

Perhaps the "smooth as silk" former World Champions would've been more successful if they'd deployed the corporate lawyers they normally use to fend off attacks by the Premier League & UEFA.

My brother says he has watched the second goal 53 times. The significance of 53 is lost on me. Perhaps he just passed out at that number :)

Enjoyed yesterday: first team to beat Tinker Pep's Cheaty in a domestic final. Also pushed Chelsea out of the EL and the 'richest club in the world' out of Europe.

PS 47's barber should be locked up.

Robert must have forgotten to check in with the forum today and yesterday.. i wonder why? After all, Man United are irrelevant , according to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back