advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just glad to be rid of one big clubs on parachute money. Leeds with a £25m headstart will be tough prospect but I guess they'll be selling now!

Robert must have forgotten to check in with the forum today and yesterday.. i wonder why? After all, Man United are irrelevant , according to him.
I’m in Manchester tonight to see my daughter play her songs and there are hoards of City fans milling around so he’s probably busy buying a bucket of light blue candy floss like all the others.

Looking forward to the Community Shield (or Cup as Bob calls it).

Pep is off rumours have started again. Maybe a City fan can confirm whether they are genuine or not.

I read the Magic Hat tweets. Out of context, they are very damning. In context, they were dismissed by CAS. The author of the tweets is speculated to be Nick Harris, under a pseudonym. He states that these emails were not seen by CAS in full. Emails, in themselves, do not prove action, and this is where Stefan (SLBSN) is always worth listening to. Magic Hat has posted evidence for the prosecution, and none of the defence. UEFA's case fell apart, partly, because they could not prove that any action had resulted from those emails. In fact, the full CAS report declared that there was NO evidence to support UEFA's case. Everyone simply has to await the outcome of the case because 115 charges are entitled to 115 lots of irrefutable evidence in defence. We do not know how either the prosecution or the defence case stacks up and the tribalism of football will convince any non-neutral, and that is all of us, of the side that they would most like to believe.

For those interested in transfer finances, here is the bang up-to-date transfer net spend data:

53752144983_9c20264688_c.jpg

Looking forward to the Community Shield (or Cup as Bob calls it).

Pep is off rumours have started again. Maybe a City fan can confirm whether they are genuine or not.
His contract ends at the end of next season. The speculation is that he will leave at that point and I don't think that any City fan would be surprised if that were the case. His departure will be felt in the same way that Alex Ferguson's was at United. Pep is so influential in the game, and his ideas pervade every single aspect of the club. Still, as a fan in my mid fifties, I had 44 years of no league wins so in a strange way I am looking forward to witnessing how we deal with such a loss.

The Ipswich 'miracle' isn't quite the miracle it is claimed to be, £34m is an almighty spend! The also lost £12m escaping L1, which is a Championship level loss. They'll find themselves in hot water soon enough - their accounts should make interesting reading next spring while their holding up the PL...

I read the Magic Hat tweets. Out of context, they are very damning. In context, they were dismissed by CAS. The author of the tweets is speculated to be Nick Harris, under a pseudonym. He states that these emails were not seen by CAS in full. Emails, in themselves, do not prove action, and this is where Stefan (SLBSN) is always worth listening to. Magic Hat has posted evidence for the prosecution, and none of the defence. UEFA's case fell apart, partly, because they could not prove that any action had resulted from those emails. In fact, the full CAS report declared that there was NO evidence to support UEFA's case. Everyone simply has to await the outcome of the case because 115 charges are entitled to 115 lots of irrefutable evidence in defence. We do not know how either the prosecution or the defence case stacks up and the tribalism of football will convince any non-neutral, and that is all of us, of the side that they would most like to believe.
Wrong.

Borson (projectriver) has told you that it is not Nick Harris on Blue Moon and I can see you personally in that thread.

I don't think you have properly read the stuff. You've skim-read it, and then you've used the echo chamber of Blue Moon to tell you that it is going to be OK. You are totally relying on the CAS case, and this is different. Different rules apply and the CAS case relied on less information.

There is a lot of information in Magic hat's thread. The constant back and forth about getting paid and how you will do it/how you have done it previously.

UEFA messed up with the CAS and didn't carry on insisting on the full run of emails to be released. Also the CAS has a much higher standard of proof than the Premier league panel will have. The CAS would need detailed financial records to convict which UEFA wouldn't have and the time barred stuff rushed UEFA. This 5 year case that city recently lost to the PL added another 35 charges onto them. They need to explain why they'd been sending this many emails talking about hiding their owners money in with sponsorship money and there's no excuse that won't mean the panel is 51% sure (thats the benchmark in a case like this)

You're f*cked. You've financially doped a football club by pumping money in under the guise of sponsorship, and you've been arrogant about it.

It's an utter joy to read Blue Moon and to recognise that the majority haven't a clue what's going on.

Wrong.

Borson (projectriver) has told you that it is not Nick Harris on Blue Moon and I can see you personally in that thread.

I don't think you have properly read the stuff. You've skim-read it, and then you've used the echo chamber of Blue Moon to tell you that it is going to be OK. You are totally relying on the CAS case, and this is different. Different rules apply and the CAS case relied on less information.

There is a lot of information in Magic hat's thread. The constant back and forth about getting paid and how you will do it/how you have done it previously.

UEFA messed up with the CAS and didn't carry on insisting on the full run of emails to be released. Also the CAS has a much higher standard of proof than the Premier league panel will have. The CAS would need detailed financial records to convict which UEFA wouldn't have and the time barred stuff rushed UEFA. This 5 year case that city recently lost to the PL added another 35 charges onto them. They need to explain why they'd been sending this many emails talking about hiding their owners money in with sponsorship money and there's no excuse that won't mean the panel is 51% sure (thats the benchmark in a case like this)

You're f*cked. You've financially doped a football club by pumping money in under the guise of sponsorship, and you've been arrogant about it.

It's an utter joy to read Blue Moon and to recognise that the majority haven't a clue what's going on.
As I said, wait until the verdict. I also said that the author is speculated to be Nick Harris.
Your last couple of lines show that you are in no way objective. Of course most on Blue Moon do not have a clue - football fans are not privy to either the prosecution nor the defence, nor the vast range of information available. I have no idea whether we will be victorious or not. I imagine that if we are declared innocent, you will not believe that to be the case - that has also been true following the CAS judgement, as you exemplify here.
Magic Hat has only detailed one side of the evidence. When you are fully imbued with the defence for those points, then you can form a judgement. Until that point, ALL is speculation.

I've made the comment before on here, but City initially trying to attack the principle of the charges being brought, rather than the charges themselves, to me, made me question why, if City believed that they were innocent of all charges.

Why has it taken so long for the case to be heard? I would have thought if it was cut and dried it would have been deal't with long ago. Why allow City to win four titles on the bounce before hearing the case?

Cheers BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back