advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Get a grip man. Endless whining, everyone gets the subtext, ie City have outspent every other team to their titles. We all know it, we all to be honest probably envy it.
In the overall scheme of things and with what's going on in the world a bit of perspective wouldn't go amiss. Plenty more pressing issues to get wound up over, not a game of football.
It's a football thread on a forum, and a player has been a knob. If I want to comment on world issues, I'll choose a non-football thread. It isn't whining to call someone a plonker, it's recognising that someone's a dick, and he has been one, and it's pretty much the common judgement, just not among Liverpool fans, it seems.

And this is why comments from footballers matter. In a very short time we have gone from a footballer talking about trophies meaning more to accusations of cultism, bus attacks, and tragedy chanting. That's on a hifi forum, not in a stadium or on the streets with ale fueled rage and toxic rivalry. His comments brought us to this place, and social media to anger, with many fans from many clubs condemning his words.

And this is why comments from footballers matter. In a very short time we have gone from a footballer talking about trophies meaning more to accusations of cultism, bus attacks, and tragedy chanting. That's on a hifi forum, not in a stadium or on the streets with ale fueled rage and toxic rivalry. His comments brought us to this place, and social media to anger, with many fans from many clubs condemning his words.
Not really, that's just toxic Bob- TAA was only referring to two sets of fans and two clubs but I'm sure Leicester's Premier League win means more to their fans than any one of City's or Liverpool's.
Agreed we don't want any unpleasant behaviour on match day and accepting TAAs words will have pushed buttons and needled those genuine die hard City fans who were there before 2008( as opposed to the plastic 'fans' who just 'support' the success), blowing them out of proportion isn't helping.
We need a good ref on the day and for Foden to forget to set his alarm.

That is the point: Leicester's trophies mean more to Leicester's fans. Your trophies mean more to you, and be assured that every trophy we have won is beyond my wildest dreams, even now. It also is not just Bob - you raised the tragedy chanting, he raised the cult, I brought criticism of Arnold's words to this forum, and social media rears every single thing known to man. In this day and age, footballers need to be more savvy. Our on-field rivalry has led to some toxicity between our fans. It wasn't there when we won nowt, but it is now, so players and managers need to be more careful with their words or we shift to spite very quickly, even on a hifi forum. Generally, our managers are civil with each other and the respect is there. I wish Jurgen wouldn't talk of money - it belies how much he has spent and how much you have historically spent - but I might think differently if I was a Liverpool fan. He has now come out and contradicted Arnold's words and he was right to do so. The respect he has for Pep is clear. I think Guardiola generally steers clear of conflict, but non-City fans may think differently of his words than I do. There isn't a PL team without plastic fans, and the more success you have, the more you are likely to generate. It's why Manchester United and Liverpool have more than anyone, and why we will soon catch up...hopefully.

A fair referee, the safety of fans, and the best team on the day is all I wish for.

That is the point: Leicester's trophies mean more to Leicester's fans. Your trophies mean more to you, and be assured that every trophy we have won is beyond my wildest dreams, even now. It also is not just Bob - you raised the tragedy chanting, he raised the cult, I brought criticism of Arnold's words to this forum, and social media rears every single thing known to man. In this day and age, footballers need to be more savvy. Our on-field rivalry has led to some toxicity between our fans. It wasn't there when we won nowt, but it is now, so players and managers need to be more careful with their words or we shift to spite very quickly, even on a hifi forum. Generally, our managers are civil with each other and the respect is there. I wish Jurgen wouldn't talk of money - it belies how much he has spent and how much you have historically spent - but I might think differently if I was a Liverpool fan. He has now come out and contradicted Arnold's words and he was right to do so. The respect he has for Pep is clear. I think Guardiola generally steers clear of conflict, but non-City fans may think differently of his words than I do. There isn't a PL team without plastic fans, and the more success you have, the more you are likely to generate. It's why Manchester United and Liverpool have more than anyone, and why we will soon catch up...hopefully.

A fair referee, the safety of fans, and the best team on the day is all I wish for.
May the best team win.
Just one thing, Bob described Liverpool fans as 'feral scum' along with 'cult' and brought up the team coach damage, I posted a link to the City fans tragedy chanting and Hillsborough memorial damage in response. I've no trouble recognising the difference between 'feral scum' and 'saintly my arse' In terms of toxic language.

May the best team win.
Just one thing, Bob described Liverpool fans as 'feral scum' along with 'cult' and brought up the team coach damage, I posted a link to the City fans tragedy chanting and Hillsborough memorial damage in response. I've no trouble recognising the difference between 'feral scum' and 'saintly my arse' In terms of toxic language.
I don't like the language used either. Fair point.

To be honest most of my antipathy towards Liverpool fans is the responsibility of my mother in law, as apparently the sun shines out of every Liverpool manager and player’s arse, and they never spend a penny, so deserve a head start. I was also spat at once by an errant Liverpool fan who had a ticket somehow for our stand. There are tools that support every club, so he’s less of a problem in my head though than my mother in law. May the best team win on Sunday, let there be no stupid controversies, and no crap behaviour from either set of fans. TAA has gone down in my estimation, no need to say stupid things like that.

Speaking as a neutral with no horse in the race, I’d like to see Tottenham win the PL myself for the entertaining way they have played this season under the Oz bloke - who knows without their injuries they might have been closer to the other three.

Speaking as a neutral with no horse in the race, I’d like to see Tottenham win the PL myself for the entertaining way they have played this season under the Oz bloke - who knows without their injuries they might have been closer to the other three.
Think we have a fair bit to go to win it. Top 4 good enough for next couple of seasons, maybe in the running after that.

advertisement

Back