advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good win for City in the Manchester derby. We dominated most of the game, with more than seventy percent possession and 27 shots on goal to 3. That the United manager talks about it being close, and small margins the difference, shows a strange lack of understanding of the game, or a difficult PR job to be done in a tough period for his club. Yet again Rodri dominated the midfield area and his combination with Stones allowed the platform for Phil Foden, primarily, to take hold of the game. Next week will be more of a challenge, but with a fair referee, I believe that City will win. Unfortunately, we watch in an era when refereeing is consistently questioned and Anfield seems to regularly throw up more questions than answers in decision making.

A good win for City in the Manchester derby. We dominated most of the game, with more than seventy percent possession and 27 shots on goal to 3. That the United manager talks about it being close, and small margins the difference, shows a strange lack of understanding of the game, or a difficult PR job to be done in a tough period for his club. Yet again Rodri dominated the midfield area and his combination with Stones allowed the platform for Phil Foden, primarily, to take hold of the game. Next week will be more of a challenge, but with a fair referee, I believe that City will win. Unfortunately, we watch in an era when refereeing is consistently questioned and Anfield seems to regularly throw up more questions than answers in decision making.
That reads like getting your excuses in early! (long distance gooner here, so not entirely serious).

City vs Utd was a great game for the neutral.
Sublime Rashford goal exposed City to long balls (Rashford did very little else).
Just as well Foden has stepped it up as DeBruyne looks to have gone the other way.

With all the injuries for Liverpool, I am sure City will get a result next week. After the poor referee at Forest I presume the PL will want no further distractions at a big game

But we know the cult live in an alternative universe.
look at the average ages of the Carabo cup final squads.
Chelsea’s was younger but the cult managed to twist the narrative completely around.

May everyone travelling to any game this weekend be safe, and may referees act fairly.
Meanwhile, Trent Alexander Arnold's comments have gone down like a fart in church across the football landscape - any trophy means a lot to a fanbase, and, once again, Liverpool do themselves no favours.
Goodness knows what will happen on Sunday with our game being refereed by Klik Klopp's fav one

Goodness knows what will happen on Sunday with our game being refereed by Klik Klopp's fav one
Who is that?
It's a shame that refereeing performance is as much of a part of the game as it was in the pre-VAR days, but it is.
I think footballers just need to think before they speak. Based on what Arnold said, the other 16 clubs who spend less than Liverpool should all value their trophies more than Liverpool's fans value theirs - of course, such a suggestion is ridiculous. If you are a fan of a club, you value your club's wins more than you value any others - we are all the same, love our clubs, and his comments were crass, and inflammatory, which is absolutely not needed.

Who is that?
It's a shame that refereeing performance is as much of a part of the game as it was in the pre-VAR days, but it is.
I think footballers just need to think before they speak. Based on what Arnold said, the other 16 clubs who spend less than Liverpool should all value their trophies more than Liverpool's fans value theirs - of course, such a suggestion is ridiculous. If you are a fan of a club, you value your club's wins more than you value any others - we are all the same, love our clubs, and his comments were crass, and inflammatory, which is absolutely not needed.
Chris Kavanagh, klopp said sumfing along the lines, he is not fit to oversee prem games, or some such

Who is that?
I agree with Trent, you only have to read Bob's bitter posts on here to see many City fans, despite the amazing success, are joyless disgruntled moaners. Trent was paying City a backhanded compliment, 'winning machine' is high praise indeed. I look forward to Monday and to read their moaning-even if City win.
The game hasn't even kicked off yet and some are already blaming the ref :).

Last edited:
I agree with Trent, you only have to read Bob's bitter posts on here to see most City fans despite the amazing success are disgruntled moaners. Trent was paying City a backhanded compliment 'winning machine' is high praise indeed.
The game hasn't even kicked off yet and some are already blaming the ref :).
Of course you do.

"Most City fans"; I had him on ignore, and only turned that off yesterday. But it goes back on again. Bob McC has been on ignore for years.
I'm gutted to find out you had me on ignore and me a Plymouth Argyle fan too...
But yeah I should've said 'many' not 'most', now fixed.

He's definitely pressed some buttons because his comments are stupid. This fixture certainly does not need any more animosity to it either, which makes his comments as badly timed as they are ill thought out. Many other clubs' supporters share this opinion too, that to suggest that trophies for Liverpool's fans mean more is conceited, disrespectful and simply devoid of truth. Liverpool fans defending it simply feeds into the reputation they have.

He's definitely pressed some buttons because his comments are stupid. This fixture certainly does not need any more animosity to it either, which makes his comments as badly timed as they are ill thought out. Many other clubs' supporters share this opinion too, that to suggest that trophies for Liverpool's fans mean more is conceited, disrespectful and simply devoid of truth. Liverpool fans defending it simply feeds into the reputation they have.
Get a grip man. Endless whining, everyone gets the subtext, ie City have outspent every other team to their titles. We all know it, we all to be honest probably envy it.
In the overall scheme of things and with what's going on in the world a bit of perspective wouldn't go amiss. Plenty more pressing issues to get wound up over, not a game of football.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back