advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out it wasn't the noisy neighbours who were cheating.....................:eek:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66203315

As a City fan, Liverpool legends leaving for Saudi's oil money (sorry, a feeling of family and togetherness), and United's FFP failure (minor breach, naturally) are just a joy.

Looking forward to the season ahead. Good luck to all fans for a safe and successful season. Best wishes to all players, from all clubs, for an injury free year.

Looking forward to the season ahead. Good luck to all fans for a safe and successful season. Best wishes to all players, from all clubs, for an injury free year.

As long as Burnley (or worse, Leeds) don't get Hamer. Losing Gyokeres is bad enough

United’s planning seems to be utterly chaotic. £50 million for a keeper who left Ajax in 2022 on a free transfer To Inter!

PL fixtures are out tomorrow morning at 0900, so time to start the new thread.

Oh, and the transfer window is open.

By the time we get round to kick off, there might not be any players left as they all seem to be ****ing off to Saudi. I get Ronaldo and Benzema going there for an easy life as their legs go and for the final big pay off but Mahrez, Henderson, Kante ...

By the time we get round to kick off, there might not be any players left as they all seem to be ****ing off to Saudi. I get Ronaldo and Benzema going there for an easy life as their legs go and for the final big pay off but Mahrez, Henderson, Kante ...
They're all over 30 and fit the same "end of career" pattern.

They're all over 30 and fit the same "end of career" pattern.
I think in the case of Kanté it's probably a realisation that his chronic injury problems don't allow him to play at the very top level any more - but what a wonderful player he's been both at Leicester & Chelsea.
In the case of Henderson I would think he's probably kissing goodbye to his international career?

Both Henderson and Fabinho had poor seasons and it seems their 'legs have gone' for the top tier - I'm sure FSG/Klopp will welcome the alleged £52M their leaving means to the coffers but there is a significant level of hypocrisy about taking the money and ignoring their principles (LGBT+ allies?) but I suppose £700K per week will help their readjustment?

Looks like the meaningless pre season trophy could be close between the scum and the Tarquins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back